TV presenter Katy Hill joins Wimbledon children for World Book Day
Batman, a fairy and a pirate joined former Blue Peter presenter Katy Hill and the gruffalo in Merton in aid of World Book Day.
The children dressed up as their favourite book characters with mum-of-two Katy Hill, who read extracts from the popular book The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson.
Michael Bradley, headteacher of Merton Abbey Primary School, said: "This is a great opportunity for our children as it captures the joy and excitement of books."
Katy said: "I love World Book Day and it provides a great way to show children the magical world of reading."
The national World Book Day was on Thursday, March 6.
- Doctor who sent racist messages to face fitness-to-practice tribunal over new minor allegation
- Police arrest prolific thief banned from Merton
- Police execute drugs raids and make arrests ahead of Notting Hill Carnival
- Who will be the new members of parliament in Merton? Candidates announced
- First ever Y:Cube housing block to be built on Merton street after plans approved
Comments are closed on this article.