TV presenter Katy Hill joins Wimbledon children for World Book Day
Batman, a fairy and a pirate joined former Blue Peter presenter Katy Hill and the gruffalo in Merton in aid of World Book Day.
The children dressed up as their favourite book characters with mum-of-two Katy Hill, who read extracts from the popular book The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson.
Michael Bradley, headteacher of Merton Abbey Primary School, said: "This is a great opportunity for our children as it captures the joy and excitement of books."
Katy said: "I love World Book Day and it provides a great way to show children the magical world of reading."
The national World Book Day was on Thursday, March 6.
- Missing Mitcham pensioner John Gilgeours found safe and well
- UPDATE: Police confirm woman hit by train was from Wimbledon
- Cyclist who died in Raynes Park collision named as New Malden man
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- VIDEO: Student film promoting gender equality broadcast to political leaders at UK's Girl Summit
Comments are closed on this article.