A 34-year-old was fined after a disturbance at the Merton Civic Centre in Morden.
Piotr Gertner, of no fixed abode, admitted assaulting a policeman and using threatening, abusive words and or behaviour at a hearing at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on Thursday, February 27.
The incident took place the day before on Wednesday, February 26 at Merton Council's offices.
A police spokesperson said Gertner was arrested for assaulting a police officer and for a public order offence at 2.18pm at Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden.
He was taken to a south London police station where he was charged and detained in custody to appear at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court the following day.
He admitted two charges of assaulting a PC and the use of threatening words or behaviour.
He was fined a total of £90 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £20.
- Merton High Street closed following crash
- Calls for council leader who ‘damaged confidence’ in Merton Council to resign
- Tooting woman jailed on terror charge
- A man has been found dead on Mitcham Common
- New database to 'name and shame' dodgy landlords