Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Brave youngsters who spoke in front of group honoured by charity
- Double award winning school celebrate success
- Boris Johnson's new 'crime dashboard' promises to help Londoners track crime in their neighbourhood
- Drunk man dies from head injury after fatal fall, inquest hears
- Opposition builds to adult education 'cuts' as part of £32m budget gap