Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Hollywood A-lister flown in to Merton Park by helicopter to film his latest movie
- Police appeal to find Merton teenager missing for nearly two weeks
- Fears that blue light services are 'unprepared' as half of emergency workers commute from outside London
- Absolutely Fabulous the Movie review: ‘the magic is still there’
- WEATHER: While you shake your fist at the rain, just remember it was 30 degrees this time last year...