Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Merton's Multiple Sclerosis Society receives funding for vulnerable resident
- Family business Gerrys of Wimbledon to become furniture store Neptune this summer
- Schoolboy aims to beat his £700 cake sale record to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Jeremy Hunt offers pause on junior doctors contract imposition
- Man trespasses on train tracks at Wimbledon Station to 'retrieve a lost ball'