Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Nelson Health Centre construction reaches completion
- Fly-tipper second to be prosecuted after fence panel dump
- Author turns ‘administrative and emotional maelstrom’ of divorce into hilarious tale
- Residents and fans respond to Environment Agency report on AFC Wimbledon stadium plans
- Travel chaos after burst water main in rail tunnel