Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Matthew Kitandwe murder: Second boy arrested as detectives return to the scene one week on and £10,000 reward for information is offered
- Police hunting man wanted in connection to five burglaries
- Nationwide chicken wing challenge heads to Wandsworth bars
- Blue badge fraudsters fined for falsely using disabled badges, one belonging to a dead man, to park for free
- Brexit vote and Boris Johnson bid to succeed Cameron could mean Heathrow expansion is denied, say campaigners