Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Disabled woman, 36, housebound over Christmas after thieves steal her mobility scooter
- Two men expose themselves to women in Mitcham street - police appeal for witnesses
- Police hunt man, 31, accused of racial abuse in Wimbledon Library
- Armed police arrested wanted Pollards Hill teenager
- Police collect more than 300 Christmas presents for Merton children in care