Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Police appeal for witnesses after car and moped crash into pedestrian
- Hundreds to gather for Living Wandle film premiere tonight
- Monster pumpkin picks up prize at Roehampton Garden Society show
- No prison release for man who helped cover up after his cousin was the victim of an 'honour' killing
- London Victoria services delayed due to earlier broken down train