Green-fingered Priory CofE School Wimbledon celebrate double award win
Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Cyclist death sparks calls to improve road safety
- Updated: Patient taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision in London Road, Mitcham - road re-opened
- Man pleads guilty to possessing throwing knives and an air pistol outside Waitrose
- Record entries as Merton Best Business Awards finalists announced
- Man in his 20s treated for chest injuries at Mitcham crash scene
Comments are closed on this article.