Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Live music, food and hay bales entertain festival-goers at Beer by the River event
- Train faults lead to disruption to rush hour commuters on First Capital Connect services
- Top detective given rare award for bringing violent professional criminal to justice
- Wimbledon Guardian thanked by police chief after burglary CCTV appeal success
- AFC Wimbledon fans involved in 'dispute' on train home from match