Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- NHS and school worker evictions halted by Deputy Mayor of London after campaign by Merton Council
- Police seize 'large knife' after dispersing gang outside community centre
- Testing work to start on site of new £11m leisure centre
- Best happy video yet? Rugby player, bowls club members and Windmillers celebrate Wimbledon Village and Park
- Which Wimbledon restaurant has reached the final of the "Curry Oscars"?