Green-fingered Priory CofE School Wimbledon celebrate double award win
Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- A 55-year-old man appeared in court charged with possessing extreme pornography and images of a child
- Thousands of pounds raised at rugby sevens tournament for paralysed Wimbledon RFC player Jack Fishwick
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- Elderly woman terrified for her life in sheltered accommodation as lift 'intermittently' works
- Rescue dog goes missing on Wimbledon Common
Comments are closed on this article.