Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Detectives have released this photo of a man they want to speak to about a robbery and assault
- Being a fussy eater inspired love of cooking which took local man all the way to MasterChef final
- Thousands of pounds raised since Friday in memory of hero killed at Old Street station trying to save brother
- Delivery van 'folds up like a pack of cards' in latest bridge crash
- Merton student one of chosen few to join volunteer India trip