Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Police investigating after man found dead on pavement in Wimbledon
- Sprinkling of snow falls in south west London and north Surrey
- Double celebration for world's largest boomerang manufacturer
- Thrill-seeking circus 'will leave you astonished'
- VIDEO: Innocent victim vindicated after thugs jailed for up to 19 years for violent attack