Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Video issued in hunt for "heartless" hit-and-run motorcyclist who shouted at victim's unconscious body
- Man risks his own life to try and save 'shy' dog Rocky from flat fire
- Plot adjacent to Mitcham Common auctioned off to land speculator
- Caribbean feast in Merton Abbey Mills raised cash for charity
- 'Scrutinise council decision to commission adult education' say opposition