Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Music mogul 'used his fame to rape and abuse young girls', court hears
- Eight-year-old boy faced 'attempted abduction' by two men in a car as he played near home with friends
- AFC Wimbledon cleared for Plough Lane return
- PICTURES Terror alert - Fright Night at Thorpe Park for Halloween
- Protesters line steps of New Wimbledon Theatre against opening night of Dirty Dancing