Green-fingered youngsters at a Wimbledon school are celebrating a double horticultural win.
Mayor of Merton Councillor Krystal Miller paid a visit to Priory CofE School in Queens Road on Tuesday, to congratulate them on taking a silver gilt award in the London in Bloom awards recently, added to a win in the schools category of Merton in Bloom last year.
Headteacher Jane White said: "Judges were impressed by the gardening the children had done.
"They grew and sold vegetables after school.
"Each class has a bed and they choose what they want to grow."
Coun Miller, a school governor, presented children with certificates to mark the occasion.
- Poll: Passionate reaction to new greyhound stadium plans - have your say
- Residents threatened with 8-storey tower on their doorstep discover appeal result - two months after decision
- Weapon scanners set up at secondary school this morning by police
- Whistleblowers blame housing association's terrible £220m repairs record on bullying by bosses
- Brave children tell their stories of bereavement and loss