Young tennis stars play at Wimbledon for school day out
Tennis stars of the future took the world famous Wimbledon courts to perfect their serves and tour the grounds.
Pupils from Year 3 at St John Fisher RC Primary School, Raynes Park, visited All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) on Monday, March 3.
The youngsters were invited along to mark World Tennis Day, and were given a certificate and t-shirt to take home.
Melanie Rogers, PE coordinator at the school, said: "It was fantastic.
"They all think they are going to be the next champion now."
- Up to 300 blood samples taken after van is stolen from outside GP surgery in broad daylight
- Young man rescued from scaffolding and treated for leg injury
- Huge police man-hunt after 'suicidal' woman went missing in Raynes Park
- Merton shares its World War One family stories ahead of centenary
- Street parties and activities planned for when RideLondon-Surrey cyclists pass through Merton
Comments are closed on this article.