Young tennis stars play at Wimbledon for school day out
Tennis stars of the future took the world famous Wimbledon courts to perfect their serves and tour the grounds.
Pupils from Year 3 at St John Fisher RC Primary School, Raynes Park, visited All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) on Monday, March 3.
The youngsters were invited along to mark World Tennis Day, and were given a certificate and t-shirt to take home.
Melanie Rogers, PE coordinator at the school, said: "It was fantastic.
"They all think they are going to be the next champion now."
- GCSE results in Merton 'record-breaking' in spite of changes to make exams harder
- Doctor who sent racist messages to face fitness-to-practice tribunal over new minor allegation
- Police arrest prolific thief banned from Merton
- Police execute drugs raids and make arrests ahead of Notting Hill Carnival
- Who will be the new members of parliament in Merton? Candidates announced
Comments are closed on this article.