Young tennis stars play at Wimbledon for school day out
Tennis stars of the future took the world famous Wimbledon courts to perfect their serves and tour the grounds.
Pupils from Year 3 at St John Fisher RC Primary School, Raynes Park, visited All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) on Monday, March 3.
The youngsters were invited along to mark World Tennis Day, and were given a certificate and t-shirt to take home.
Melanie Rogers, PE coordinator at the school, said: "It was fantastic.
"They all think they are going to be the next champion now."
- Man pleads guilty to possessing throwing knives and an air pistol outside Waitrose
- Record entries as Merton Best Business Awards finalists announced
- Man in his 20s treated for chest injuries at Mitcham crash scene
- Parents of cyclist killed in Raynes Park crash pay tribute to 'lovely, kind' son
- Police have released a CCTV image of a man they want to question about a sexual assault on Merton night bus
Comments are closed on this article.