A driver of an allegedly stolen car who fled from police when stopped has been bailed while investigations continue.
A suspect was arrested by officers on a routine patrol in the Figge's Marsh area on February 26 when they picked up what they thought was a stolen car being driven with false number plates via their automatic number plate recognition system.
Officers said they later found drugs and knives in the car.
The car failed to stop and the officers commenced a pursuit which lasted about five minutes before the driver decamped from the car, running into an alleyway.
Police pursued on foot and the driver was arrested and taken to a police station.
A suspect was bailed by police pending further inquiries. He will answer bail in early April.
- Love Me Tender: Mica Paris to star in brand new Elvis-themed musical
- £130 million for huge school expansion programme
- Sean Heiss murder trial: Hockey star recounts night of next-door neighbour's killing
- Artisan bakery Gail's opens in Wimbledon Village
- Voluntary services group has been honoured with a quality award for the ninth year in a row