'Stolen car' driver who fled from police in Mitcham is bailed
A driver of an allegedly stolen car who fled from police when stopped has been bailed while investigations continue.
A suspect was arrested by officers on a routine patrol in the Figge's Marsh area on February 26 when they picked up what they thought was a stolen car being driven with false number plates via their automatic number plate recognition system.
Officers said they later found drugs and knives in the car.
The car failed to stop and the officers commenced a pursuit which lasted about five minutes before the driver decamped from the car, running into an alleyway.
Police pursued on foot and the driver was arrested and taken to a police station.
A suspect was bailed by police pending further inquiries. He will answer bail in early April.
- Parks around Merton receive Green Flag award
- Parents and staff celebrating outstanding Ofsted rating at a children's centre
- The thimble that saved thousands of servicemen
- Up to 300 blood samples taken after van is stolen from outside GP surgery in broad daylight
- Young man rescued from scaffolding and treated for leg injury
Comments are closed on this article.