A driver of an allegedly stolen car who fled from police when stopped has been bailed while investigations continue.
A suspect was arrested by officers on a routine patrol in the Figge's Marsh area on February 26 when they picked up what they thought was a stolen car being driven with false number plates via their automatic number plate recognition system.
Officers said they later found drugs and knives in the car.
The car failed to stop and the officers commenced a pursuit which lasted about five minutes before the driver decamped from the car, running into an alleyway.
Police pursued on foot and the driver was arrested and taken to a police station.
A suspect was bailed by police pending further inquiries. He will answer bail in early April.
- Merton Civic Awards: Wimbledon BookFest director recognised for making a success of festival
- Two brothers charged with stealing from elderly and frail people across Merton, Croydon and Sussex back in court
- Six storey library facelift to go ahead
- Merton Civic Awards: Kind and caring pharmacy worker recognised for helpfulness
- VIDEO: Merton Heritage Discovery Day showcases the borough's historic assets