A driver of an allegedly stolen car who fled from police when stopped has been bailed while investigations continue.
A suspect was arrested by officers on a routine patrol in the Figge's Marsh area on February 26 when they picked up what they thought was a stolen car being driven with false number plates via their automatic number plate recognition system.
Officers said they later found drugs and knives in the car.
The car failed to stop and the officers commenced a pursuit which lasted about five minutes before the driver decamped from the car, running into an alleyway.
Police pursued on foot and the driver was arrested and taken to a police station.
A suspect was bailed by police pending further inquiries. He will answer bail in early April.
- Hundreds of lives 'could be saved' by Adopt a Kiosk scheme to put defibrillators in Merton's phone boxes
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?
- Couple found dead in Parkside named
- Matthew Kitandwe murder: fifth arrest in murder investigation after teen stabbed to death in Battersea
- Kids’ rave Diddy Rascals is coming to Balham