A car burst into flames during rush hour in Wimbledon this morning.
Fire officers were called to the corner of Springfield Road, where it meets Alexandra Road, at 9.30am, opposite the Waitrose supermarket.
Shocked passersby and motorists looked on as a fire crew put out the flames.
Fire officers believe the blaze was probably caused by an electrical fault.
No-one was injured and roads are now flowing normally.
Fire and police officers have now left the scene.
- Poppy Club gets a make-over as part of Mitcham regeneration
- Manhole fire outside St Helier Hospital forces road closures
- Cardboard homework model brings happiness to family after father's death
- Police search for missing Morden teenager with Sutton links
- Hollywood's bad girl Lindsay Lohan comes to Mitcham