A car burst into flames during rush hour in Wimbledon this morning.
Fire officers were called to the corner of Springfield Road, where it meets Alexandra Road, at 9.30am, opposite the Waitrose supermarket.
Shocked passersby and motorists looked on as a fire crew put out the flames.
Fire officers believe the blaze was probably caused by an electrical fault.
No-one was injured and roads are now flowing normally.
Fire and police officers have now left the scene.
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing
- Police called to Wimbledon Broadway after 'concerns for the safety of a man'
- More armed officers to be deployed at London events, including FA Cup final and Twickenham rugby final
- Demolition starts as Cricketers pub developers strike fifth time lucky
- Stephen Alambritis misconduct investigation costs Merton council £8,000