A car burst into flames during rush hour in Wimbledon this morning.
Fire officers were called to the corner of Springfield Road, where it meets Alexandra Road, at 9.30am, opposite the Waitrose supermarket.
Shocked passersby and motorists looked on as a fire crew put out the flames.
Fire officers believe the blaze was probably caused by an electrical fault.
No-one was injured and roads are now flowing normally.
Fire and police officers have now left the scene.
- Six bedroom house to be built on tennis court near All England Club in Wimbledon
- Luxury basement with 1,000 bottle wine cellar approved for Wimbledon Village home
- Men accused of violent Wimbledon burglary in court
- Update: Disruption to train services across South West Trains network after faulty track
- Businesses face severe financial losses or closure after shock eviction from offices