A car burst into flames during rush hour in Wimbledon this morning.
Fire officers were called to the corner of Springfield Road, where it meets Alexandra Road, at 9.30am, opposite the Waitrose supermarket.
Shocked passersby and motorists looked on as a fire crew put out the flames.
Fire officers believe the blaze was probably caused by an electrical fault.
No-one was injured and roads are now flowing normally.
Fire and police officers have now left the scene.
- Payback for Traingate: Epsom and St Helier "renegotiating" contract with Deloitte consultants after "super-hospital" leak
- Delays and cancellations on the trains possible until 8pm due to signalling problems
- Councils join forces to push for devolved powers to 'create 500,000 new jobs and 20,000 extra homes'
- 'The flat was well alight and smoke was coming out of the windows' - firefighters save lives in Pollards Hill blaze
- 'Traingate' - Hospital chief exec says "I don't think we misled anyone" over leak of super-site plans