A car burst into flames during rush hour in Wimbledon this morning.
Fire officers were called to the corner of Springfield Road, where it meets Alexandra Road, at 9.30am, opposite the Waitrose supermarket.
Shocked passersby and motorists looked on as a fire crew put out the flames.
Fire officers believe the blaze was probably caused by an electrical fault.
No-one was injured and roads are now flowing normally.
Fire and police officers have now left the scene.
- Terrier-racing, morris dancing and equestrian acrobatics attract thousands to May Bank Holiday country show
- New police team for Wimbledon after Mitcham success
- Merton Civic Awards: Selfless mother who juggles complicated family life nominated by husband
- Traffic carnage after Mini flips on its side in four car smash
- Black tie ball to raise money for ovarian cancer charity in memory of late councillor