A man hit by a train at Wimbledon station on Saturday night is believed to be a 41-year-old from the town.
Paramedics and officers from British Transport Police (BTP) and the Metropolitan Police were called at just after 10pm on February 22 to reports of a person being struck by the Weymouth to London Waterloo service.
The incident had a knock-on effect across the rail network, with travellers facing up to 90 minutes of delays while the emergency services dealt with the fatality.
Dozens of trains from London Waterloo were delayed or cancelled, leaving people to find alternative routes home on a busy Saturday night.
The victim is yet to be formally identified but his family has been informed.
A BTP spokesperson said: "BTP officers were called to Wimbledon station on Saturday February 22 after a report that a man had been struck by a train.
"Officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police Service attended the incident, which was reported to BTP at 10.06pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
"Medics from London Ambulance Service also attended, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
"The man’s family has been informed and a file will be prepared for the Coroner."
The line was handed back to Network Rail at 11.20pm.
Several people on Twitter reported seeing a man jump in front of the train as it passed.
- Polish burglars were 'high on drink and drugs' before violent Wimbledon burglary
- UPDATE: Met Office issue snow and ice warning across Greater London and Surrey
- Violent burglar stood outside house and told police "they're inside"
- AFC Wimbledon confident there are enough parking spaces around proposed Plough Lane stadium
- 'Massive bill' for Thames Water and another nightmare for south London commuters as leaks continue to pour into rail tunnel