Faith groups gather in Morden to denounce persecution
Faith groups from all over the world got together in Morden to denounce religious persecution at an event on Friday.
The Baitul Futuh Mosque in London Road hosted dignitaries from Indonesia for a talk and video presentation about persecution all over the globe.
Up to 300 people attended the event which featured a special delegation of Muslims, Christians and Hindus who spoke about their experiences of persecution.
London regional president of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association, Naseer Dean, said there is a lot of injustice in large parts of the world.
Mr Dean said: "It's not just one sector but lots of people.
"Rather than keep silent we wanted to organise an event."
- Three children found dead in New Malden
- Fire breaks out at laboratory - dangerous chemical specialists called in
- Easter activities 'best ever' at Morden Hall Park
- Patient died after fleeing operating theatre and falling off hospital roof
- New tube strike dates announced for May
Comments are closed on this article.