Community day at Wimbledon Library to mark new look
A community day will be held to mark Wimbledon Library's new look with a day of free activities for all ages.
After two months of refurbishment and improvements, there is more study space, extra computers and a relaxing seating area at the front of the building in The Broadway.
To celebrate the make-over, a community day is being held on Wednesday with invited guests including the deputy mayor, Councillor John Sargeant.
There will be activities including craft sessions, knitting, nursery rhymes and a performance of The Hungry Caterpillar by the Polka Theatre.
As part of the adult learning events throughout the day, French and Italian language classes are available as well as flower arranging.
Those looking for careers advice can attend a free workshop from 10.30am to 12.30pm, and Tai Chi and Falun Dafa sessions are scheduled to offer a taster to the forms of exercise and relaxation.
No booking is required and free refreshments are available all day.
- Missing Mitcham pensioner John Gilgeours found safe and well
- UPDATE: Police confirm woman hit by train was from Wimbledon
- Cyclist who died in Raynes Park collision named as New Malden man
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- VIDEO: Student film promoting gender equality broadcast to political leaders at UK's Girl Summit
Comments are closed on this article.