Community day at Wimbledon Library to mark new look
A community day will be held to mark Wimbledon Library's new look with a day of free activities for all ages.
After two months of refurbishment and improvements, there is more study space, extra computers and a relaxing seating area at the front of the building in The Broadway.
To celebrate the make-over, a community day is being held on Wednesday with invited guests including the deputy mayor, Councillor John Sargeant.
There will be activities including craft sessions, knitting, nursery rhymes and a performance of The Hungry Caterpillar by the Polka Theatre.
As part of the adult learning events throughout the day, French and Italian language classes are available as well as flower arranging.
Those looking for careers advice can attend a free workshop from 10.30am to 12.30pm, and Tai Chi and Falun Dafa sessions are scheduled to offer a taster to the forms of exercise and relaxation.
No booking is required and free refreshments are available all day.
- Wimbledon Park Cafeteria opens its doors after refurbishment
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Grant kick-starts pilot mental health scheme in Merton and Sutton
- Man who drove across level crossing let off with absolute discharge
- TV presenter Katy Hill joins Wimbledon children for World Book Day