Jobseekers will be given new work opportunities thanks to the housing association Circle Housing.
The housing association has teamed up with Jobcentre Plus to host a jobs and careers fair at Vestry Hall in Mitcham from February 24.
Jobseekers will get a chance to meet with local employers and apply for new jobs at the event, which will run from 1.30pm to 4.30pm.
The partnership will form part of Routes2Work, a borough-wide scheme set up to give unemployed residents one-to-one advice and support to start training and work placements.
The fair follows a weekly job club set up by Merton Priory Homes, part of Circle Housing, offering advice on how to complete applications and CVs, take part in successful interviews and get training and qualifications.
Job club meets at Mitcham library every Thursday between 10am and 2pm.
- Don't forget to change your clocks this weekend
- WATCH: Neighbours pay emotional tributes to retired window cleaner killed in Westminster terror attack
- Neighbours pay tribute to south London pensioner who was fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack
- Greyhound chief accuses Merton Council of 'political opportunism' ahead of Wimbledon Stadium's final dog race before demolition
- Weekend weather: Sunny skies ahead for the capital