Jobseekers will be given new work opportunities thanks to the housing association Circle Housing.
The housing association has teamed up with Jobcentre Plus to host a jobs and careers fair at Vestry Hall in Mitcham from February 24.
Jobseekers will get a chance to meet with local employers and apply for new jobs at the event, which will run from 1.30pm to 4.30pm.
The partnership will form part of Routes2Work, a borough-wide scheme set up to give unemployed residents one-to-one advice and support to start training and work placements.
The fair follows a weekly job club set up by Merton Priory Homes, part of Circle Housing, offering advice on how to complete applications and CVs, take part in successful interviews and get training and qualifications.
Job club meets at Mitcham library every Thursday between 10am and 2pm.
- Hollywood A-lister flown in to Merton Park by helicopter to film his latest movie
- Police appeal to find Merton teenager missing for nearly two weeks
- BIGGER THAN BREXIT: 11 other huge calls to reconsider if there's an EU referendum do-over
- Wimbledon primary school raises £800 for Save the Children through 'Build a Den' day
- Repair work for fire damaged mosque to include new wing, bigger courtyard and extra accommodation