Firefighters rushed to a pub yesterday afternoon after a small blaze ignited in the chimney.
Mitcham fire station sent two fire engines to the Kilkenny Tavern in Merton High Street at 3.38pm yesterday.
Firemen quickly extinguished the fire and left the property just after 4pm.
There was no significant damage to the building.
- Woman taken to hospital and six people are injured in late night collision
- Emerging artists to perform one-off show in hair salon
- Police investigating after man found dead on pavement in Wimbledon
- Sprinkling of snow falls in south west London and north Surrey
- Double celebration for world's largest boomerang manufacturer