Firefighters rushed to a pub yesterday afternoon after a small blaze ignited in the chimney.
Mitcham fire station sent two fire engines to the Kilkenny Tavern in Merton High Street at 3.38pm yesterday.
Firemen quickly extinguished the fire and left the property just after 4pm.
There was no significant damage to the building.
- Commuters suffer further travel misery due to strike and broken rail
- Toxic air warnings issued across south London as pollution levels hit "red alert" once again
- The MOT system could be set for a shake-up - see if you'll be affected
- Tram service suspended as track replacement work carried out next month
- Say it isn't so! Roast potatoes, toast and chips could be harmful, experts warn