Firefighters rushed to a pub yesterday afternoon after a small blaze ignited in the chimney.
Mitcham fire station sent two fire engines to the Kilkenny Tavern in Merton High Street at 3.38pm yesterday.
Firemen quickly extinguished the fire and left the property just after 4pm.
There was no significant damage to the building.
- 'Ruthless' burglars who tied up and tortured elderly couple before stealing £20,000 worth of valuables jailed for 15 years
- Rail fare hike arrives on time unlike many trains
- 'I would have no heating, no food, no Christmas': Disabled ex-serviceman fined £700 for driving in bus lane
- Southern rail passengers compensated four weeks' travel over operator's 'poor performance'
- Advice to 'drink plenty of water' when you’re unwell could actually be bad for you, doctors warn