Firefighters rushed to a pub yesterday afternoon after a small blaze ignited in the chimney.
Mitcham fire station sent two fire engines to the Kilkenny Tavern in Merton High Street at 3.38pm yesterday.
Firemen quickly extinguished the fire and left the property just after 4pm.
There was no significant damage to the building.
- Tram services added to TfL tube map for first time
- Prison officer and inmate's girlfriend smuggle heroin, cannabis and mobile phones into Wandsworth Prison
- World War 1 footage and historic photo exhibition some of the highlights of day dedicated to Merton's heritage
- RESULT! You can now stop cold calls to your mobile with a simple text message
- Man found not guilty of murdering Tooting pensioner, but trial continues