Firefighters rushed to a pub yesterday afternoon after a small blaze ignited in the chimney.
Mitcham fire station sent two fire engines to the Kilkenny Tavern in Merton High Street at 3.38pm yesterday.
Firemen quickly extinguished the fire and left the property just after 4pm.
There was no significant damage to the building.
- Butcher shop owner's horror after customer loses hand in gruesome meat grinder accident
- Morden man 'buried' at sea in ash scattering ceremony
- Jailed: 'Reprehensible' conmen who swindled elderly victim out of hundreds of thousands of pounds
- Sutton manager Paul Doswell blasts ‘idiot’ pitch invaders
- Even more travel misery on the way as Tube maintenance workers vote for strike action