Fire breaks out in Merton High Street pub chimney
Firefighters rushed to a pub yesterday afternoon after a small blaze ignited in the chimney.
Mitcham fire station sent two fire engines to the Kilkenny Tavern in Merton High Street at 3.38pm yesterday.
Firemen quickly extinguished the fire and left the property just after 4pm.
There was no significant damage to the building.
- Night bus goes up in flames in quiet residential street
- Men jailed over Rolex fraud
- No service on District Line from Putney Bridge to Wimbledon and severe delays from Edgware Road
- Lightning strike at a Morden pharmacy 'sounded like a bomb going off'
- Man jailed for burgling Wimbledon delicatessen
Comments are closed on this article.