An elderly man was taken to hospital last night after being found by ambulance crews in an allotment after dark.
Fire crews were called to cut a lock on a gate leading into the allotment on the junction of Plough Lane and Durnsford Road, Wimbledon at 7.30pm.
LAS was called to the scene by Wimbledon Cemetery (also known as Gap Road Cemetery) at just after 7.35pm.
They then alerted crews from Wimbledon fire station to assist with gaining entry to the site. Two fire engines attended the scene.
An LAS spokesperson said: “The patient was reported to be a man in his eighties.
“He was treated and stabilised before being taken to St George's Hospital.”
The spokesperson said the patient was “unwell” but not injured.
- Family 'gutted' after thief steals charity box used to raise money for cancer charities in memory of much-loved bus driver
- Two men shot at after group of men armed with baseball bats chase car
- PICTURES: £12m health centre opens in Wimbledon
- POLL: Divided opinion over Costa Coffee bid for new branch in south Wimbledon
- Children welcome special guests for school launch