An elderly man was taken to hospital last night after being found by ambulance crews in an allotment after dark.
Fire crews were called to cut a lock on a gate leading into the allotment on the junction of Plough Lane and Durnsford Road, Wimbledon at 7.30pm.
LAS was called to the scene by Wimbledon Cemetery (also known as Gap Road Cemetery) at just after 7.35pm.
They then alerted crews from Wimbledon fire station to assist with gaining entry to the site. Two fire engines attended the scene.
An LAS spokesperson said: “The patient was reported to be a man in his eighties.
“He was treated and stabilised before being taken to St George's Hospital.”
The spokesperson said the patient was “unwell” but not injured.
- 'Utterly devoted' boyfriend jailed for accidental killing of pregnant girlfriend
- Life sentences for thugs who beat father-of-two to death in community centre attack
- Man denies serious assault near Wimbledon Common windmill
- Your 2014 guide to fireworks events across Wimbledon and Mitcham
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?