An elderly man was taken to hospital last night after being found by ambulance crews in an allotment after dark.
Fire crews were called to cut a lock on a gate leading into the allotment on the junction of Plough Lane and Durnsford Road, Wimbledon at 7.30pm.
LAS was called to the scene by Wimbledon Cemetery (also known as Gap Road Cemetery) at just after 7.35pm.
They then alerted crews from Wimbledon fire station to assist with gaining entry to the site. Two fire engines attended the scene.
An LAS spokesperson said: “The patient was reported to be a man in his eighties.
“He was treated and stabilised before being taken to St George's Hospital.”
The spokesperson said the patient was “unwell” but not injured.
- Paddling poop: Popular splash pool closed for two weeks for decontamination after child 'pooed in the pool'
- Putney Bridge underground station closed and evacuated after 'suspicious package' found
- Police appeal to find 14-year-old boy missing from Mitcham for a month
- VIDEO AND PICTURES: Mitcham Common fire may have been caused by discarded cigarette
- Two men re-bailed after machete fight involving 15 young people in Mitcham town centre