An elderly man was taken to hospital last night after being found by ambulance crews in an allotment after dark.
Fire crews were called to cut a lock on a gate leading into the allotment on the junction of Plough Lane and Durnsford Road, Wimbledon at 7.30pm.
LAS was called to the scene by Wimbledon Cemetery (also known as Gap Road Cemetery) at just after 7.35pm.
They then alerted crews from Wimbledon fire station to assist with gaining entry to the site. Two fire engines attended the scene.
An LAS spokesperson said: “The patient was reported to be a man in his eighties.
“He was treated and stabilised before being taken to St George's Hospital.”
The spokesperson said the patient was “unwell” but not injured.
- What you need to know about voting tomorrow
- Merton Civic Awards: Long-standing secretary of residents' association who goes extra mile
- VIDEO: Commuters blocked from Surbiton platform as signalling problem causes 40-minute delays
- Teenager nominated by peers delighted to collect guiding award
- An alpaca got a shave alongside sheep at £2,000 city farm fundraising event