An elderly man was taken to hospital last night after being found by ambulance crews in an allotment after dark.
Fire crews were called to cut a lock on a gate leading into the allotment on the junction of Plough Lane and Durnsford Road, Wimbledon at 7.30pm.
LAS was called to the scene by Wimbledon Cemetery (also known as Gap Road Cemetery) at just after 7.35pm.
They then alerted crews from Wimbledon fire station to assist with gaining entry to the site. Two fire engines attended the scene.
An LAS spokesperson said: “The patient was reported to be a man in his eighties.
“He was treated and stabilised before being taken to St George's Hospital.”
The spokesperson said the patient was “unwell” but not injured.
- Disabled woman, 36, housebound over Christmas after thieves steal her mobility scooter
- Two men expose themselves to women in Mitcham street - police appeal for witnesses
- Police hunt man, 31, accused of racial abuse in Wimbledon Library
- Armed police arrested wanted Pollards Hill teenager
- Police collect more than 300 Christmas presents for Merton children in care