An elderly man was taken to hospital last night after being found by ambulance crews in an allotment after dark.
Fire crews were called to cut a lock on a gate leading into the allotment on the junction of Plough Lane and Durnsford Road, Wimbledon at 7.30pm.
LAS was called to the scene by Wimbledon Cemetery (also known as Gap Road Cemetery) at just after 7.35pm.
They then alerted crews from Wimbledon fire station to assist with gaining entry to the site. Two fire engines attended the scene.
An LAS spokesperson said: “The patient was reported to be a man in his eighties.
“He was treated and stabilised before being taken to St George's Hospital.”
The spokesperson said the patient was “unwell” but not injured.
- Exciting line-up announced for Merton's Celebrating Age Festival
- Delivery van damaged after getting stuck under railway bridge
- Safety fears to be discussed at residents' meeting after violent Kings Road burglary
- 'Geeky' brothers attempt to visit all 270 tube stations to fund holiday for sick children
- Six bedroom house to be built on tennis court near All England Club in Wimbledon