Elderly man locked in Gap Road Wimbledon cemetery taken to hospital
An elderly man was taken to hospital last night after being found by ambulance crews in an allotment after dark.
Fire crews were called to cut a lock on a gate leading into the allotment on the junction of Plough Lane and Durnsford Road, Wimbledon at 7.30pm.
LAS was called to the scene by Wimbledon Cemetery (also known as Gap Road Cemetery) at just after 7.35pm.
They then alerted crews from Wimbledon fire station to assist with gaining entry to the site. Two fire engines attended the scene.
An LAS spokesperson said: “The patient was reported to be a man in his eighties.
“He was treated and stabilised before being taken to St George's Hospital.”
The spokesperson said the patient was “unwell” but not injured.
- Wandsworth teen set to storm business world with 'oxygen cocktail'
- Man arrested during drugs raid
- Morden town centre could see dramatic redevelopment in next two years
- Tragic history of house where woman suffered severe burns in possible attempted murder emerges
- Protest planned as hospital shut-down clause debated in Parliament