An elderly man was taken to hospital last night after being found by ambulance crews in an allotment after dark.
Fire crews were called to cut a lock on a gate leading into the allotment on the junction of Plough Lane and Durnsford Road, Wimbledon at 7.30pm.
LAS was called to the scene by Wimbledon Cemetery (also known as Gap Road Cemetery) at just after 7.35pm.
They then alerted crews from Wimbledon fire station to assist with gaining entry to the site. Two fire engines attended the scene.
An LAS spokesperson said: “The patient was reported to be a man in his eighties.
“He was treated and stabilised before being taken to St George's Hospital.”
The spokesperson said the patient was “unwell” but not injured.
- Inmate on trial for 'masterminding Scorpion machine gun-running ring' from his prison cell
- Met PC accused of drunkenly brawling with own colleagues as they tried to arrest him
- NHS and school worker evictions halted by Deputy Mayor of London after campaign by Merton Council
- Police seize 'large knife' after dispersing gang outside community centre
- Testing work to start on site of new £11m leisure centre