An elderly man was taken to hospital last night after being found by ambulance crews in an allotment after dark.
Fire crews were called to cut a lock on a gate leading into the allotment on the junction of Plough Lane and Durnsford Road, Wimbledon at 7.30pm.
LAS was called to the scene by Wimbledon Cemetery (also known as Gap Road Cemetery) at just after 7.35pm.
They then alerted crews from Wimbledon fire station to assist with gaining entry to the site. Two fire engines attended the scene.
An LAS spokesperson said: “The patient was reported to be a man in his eighties.
“He was treated and stabilised before being taken to St George's Hospital.”
The spokesperson said the patient was “unwell” but not injured.
- WWII diary from Raynes Park finds online fame
- Missing 14-year-old in Wimbledon
- Plans to demolish Victorian houses in South Wimbledon opposed by 200 people
- Hungry caterpillars from the Far East destroying Haydon Park Road hedges
- OOPS! Van loses load after getting stuck under low bridge