Workmen sent to Mitcham tram stop due to flooding
Overflowing ponds and flooded roads hit Mitcham this afternoon following heavy rain.
Workmen were sent to Mitcham tram stop to drain water from the tracks and water-logged roads caused dangerous driving conditions.
Catriona Bennett said: "If anyone is driving through Mitcham, be very careful at the roundabout by the goose pond as it flooded. Was still able to go round it about 30 minutes ago but don't know how much worse it will get."
More heavy rain is forecast for the weekend.
Is wet weather disrupting travel in your area? Contact email@example.com
- GCSE results in Merton 'record-breaking' in spite of changes to make exams harder
- Doctor who sent racist messages to face fitness-to-practice tribunal over new minor allegation
- Police arrest prolific thief banned from Merton
- Police execute drugs raids and make arrests ahead of Notting Hill Carnival
- Who will be the new members of parliament in Merton? Candidates announced
Comments are closed on this article.