Workmen sent to Mitcham tram stop due to flooding
Overflowing ponds and flooded roads hit Mitcham this afternoon following heavy rain.
Workmen were sent to Mitcham tram stop to drain water from the tracks and water-logged roads caused dangerous driving conditions.
Catriona Bennett said: "If anyone is driving through Mitcham, be very careful at the roundabout by the goose pond as it flooded. Was still able to go round it about 30 minutes ago but don't know how much worse it will get."
More heavy rain is forecast for the weekend.
Is wet weather disrupting travel in your area? Contact email@example.com
- Merton confirms council tax freeze - parties clash over budget
- Death-trap bedsits landlord fined £25,000
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
- New Thameslink train displayed at Sutton Station
- Why were police taking pictures of scaffolding in Tooting?