Workmen sent to Mitcham tram stop due to flooding
Overflowing ponds and flooded roads hit Mitcham this afternoon following heavy rain.
Workmen were sent to Mitcham tram stop to drain water from the tracks and water-logged roads caused dangerous driving conditions.
Catriona Bennett said: "If anyone is driving through Mitcham, be very careful at the roundabout by the goose pond as it flooded. Was still able to go round it about 30 minutes ago but don't know how much worse it will get."
More heavy rain is forecast for the weekend.
Is wet weather disrupting travel in your area? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- Elderly woman terrified for her life in sheltered accommodation as lift 'intermittently' works
- Rescue dog goes missing on Wimbledon Common
- 'Takeover will kill studios' - Boss of Wimbledon Studios resigns in row over multi-million pound takeover
- Fire starts in bedroom after over-heated downlight bursts into flames
Comments are closed on this article.