Workmen sent to Mitcham tram stop due to flooding
Overflowing ponds and flooded roads hit Mitcham this afternoon following heavy rain.
Workmen were sent to Mitcham tram stop to drain water from the tracks and water-logged roads caused dangerous driving conditions.
Catriona Bennett said: "If anyone is driving through Mitcham, be very careful at the roundabout by the goose pond as it flooded. Was still able to go round it about 30 minutes ago but don't know how much worse it will get."
More heavy rain is forecast for the weekend.
Is wet weather disrupting travel in your area? Contact email@example.com
- Police seize Rolex, Louboutins, cash and drugs in early morning raids - three arrested
- Hundreds of pounds raised for children in Zimbabwe at church summer concert
- Train tissue seller fined by magistrates for contravening railway bylaw
- Cyclist death sparks calls to improve road safety
- Updated: Patient taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision in London Road, Mitcham - road re-opened
Comments are closed on this article.