Workmen sent to Mitcham tram stop due to flooding
Overflowing ponds and flooded roads hit Mitcham this afternoon following heavy rain.
Workmen were sent to Mitcham tram stop to drain water from the tracks and water-logged roads caused dangerous driving conditions.
Catriona Bennett said: "If anyone is driving through Mitcham, be very careful at the roundabout by the goose pond as it flooded. Was still able to go round it about 30 minutes ago but don't know how much worse it will get."
More heavy rain is forecast for the weekend.
Is wet weather disrupting travel in your area? Contact email@example.com
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Post mortem examinations to take place into New Malden child deaths
- New Merton Park free school site will not be ready this September
- New political party wants Mitcham 'independence'
- 'Interesting buildings' lost as new housing sweeps through Merton
Comments are closed on this article.