Blue Peter presents urge more scooting and cycling to school in Mitcham
A children's TV presenter visited a primary school to encourage pupils to get active by cycling and scooting to school.
Blue Peter presenter Barney Harwood attended Albemarle Primary School in Wimbledon on Tuesday, February 4, to launch The Big Pedal competition.
The nationwide challenge invites schools to earn points every time a pupil arrives by bike or scooter.
Mr Harwood said: "I’m supporting The Big Pedal because I want to show parents that cycling and scooting to school is fun, cheap, and it keeps kids healthy too.
"Taking part is easy, and it’s a great way for parents to incorporate a little exercise into their children’s daily routine."
The competition runs from March 3 to 14, when schools with the most points will win children's bikes and scooters.
To enter your school before the deadline on February 21, visit bigpedal.org.uk.
- Avoid becoming an 'A&Easter'
- Teen masters ADHD with magic
- 23-year-old man charged after police find sub-machine gun and ammunition
- Scooby Doo surprises children ahead of mystery-solving gang reunion
- Marathon man completes century of runs
Comments are closed on this article.