Blue Peter presents urge more scooting and cycling to school in Mitcham
A children's TV presenter visited a primary school to encourage pupils to get active by cycling and scooting to school.
Blue Peter presenter Barney Harwood attended Albemarle Primary School in Wimbledon on Tuesday, February 4, to launch The Big Pedal competition.
The nationwide challenge invites schools to earn points every time a pupil arrives by bike or scooter.
Mr Harwood said: "I’m supporting The Big Pedal because I want to show parents that cycling and scooting to school is fun, cheap, and it keeps kids healthy too.
"Taking part is easy, and it’s a great way for parents to incorporate a little exercise into their children’s daily routine."
The competition runs from March 3 to 14, when schools with the most points will win children's bikes and scooters.
To enter your school before the deadline on February 21, visit bigpedal.org.uk.
- Young police cadets raise money for Help for Heroes
- Wimbledon Park Cafeteria opens its doors after refurbishment
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Grant kick-starts pilot mental health scheme in Merton and Sutton
- Man who drove across level crossing let off with absolute discharge