Brownies travelled back in time to learn about being an evacuee in the Second World War.
Youngsters from the 12th Wimbledon pack welcomed Dorothy and Peter Turner to Christ Church in Copse Hill to provide insight into how life might have been for someone of their age during wartime.
Mr and Mrs Turner lived in Southfields and Wimbledon Park during the Second World War, and shared their experiences with the seven to 10-year-olds on Thursday, February 6.
They brought in memorabilia including bomb shell cases they had collected after the war ended.
- Merton High Street closed following crash
- Calls for council leader who ‘damaged confidence’ in Merton Council to resign
- Tooting woman jailed on terror charge
- A man has been found dead on Mitcham Common
- New database to 'name and shame' dodgy landlords