Asbestos-hit Provenance pub in Colliers Wood closes down after less than a year in business
The Provenance pub in Colliers Wood is closing less than a year after it opened.
Antic Pubs took over the High Street pub last May but said owner, Punch Taverns, is selling the property after asbestos, broken glass, fencing and detergents were found in the garden.
Damian McFadden, a fund manager who lives close to the pub, said: "The local community is just starting to gather a bit of steam so it is sad to see the pub closing."
Peter Lord, Colliers Wood resident and Conservative candidate for the ward, said: "I'm a bit shocked at what's happening. I think residents should have a say on it. I would absolutely support a campaign to keep our local pub."
Antic would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs.
- Missing Mitcham pensioner John Gilgeours found safe and well
- UPDATE: Police confirm woman hit by train was from Wimbledon
- Cyclist who died in Raynes Park collision named as New Malden man
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- VIDEO: Student film promoting gender equality broadcast to political leaders at UK's Girl Summit
Comments are closed on this article.