The Provenance pub in Colliers Wood is closing less than a year after it opened.
Antic Pubs took over the High Street pub last May but said owner, Punch Taverns, is selling the property after asbestos, broken glass, fencing and detergents were found in the garden.
Damian McFadden, a fund manager who lives close to the pub, said: "The local community is just starting to gather a bit of steam so it is sad to see the pub closing."
Peter Lord, Colliers Wood resident and Conservative candidate for the ward, said: "I'm a bit shocked at what's happening. I think residents should have a say on it. I would absolutely support a campaign to keep our local pub."
Antic would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs.
- Country music legend sentenced to 15 years in jail for rape and indecent assault
- UPDATED: Dead body on tracks causes train delays
- South Londoners making most of new hopper bus fare - especially these two routes
- Police's Halloween and Bonfire Night crime crackdown begins with warning to yobs
- London councils to make tough calls on services due to £2bn funding shortfall