The Provenance pub in Colliers Wood is closing less than a year after it opened.
Antic Pubs took over the High Street pub last May but said owner, Punch Taverns, is selling the property after asbestos, broken glass, fencing and detergents were found in the garden.
Damian McFadden, a fund manager who lives close to the pub, said: "The local community is just starting to gather a bit of steam so it is sad to see the pub closing."
Peter Lord, Colliers Wood resident and Conservative candidate for the ward, said: "I'm a bit shocked at what's happening. I think residents should have a say on it. I would absolutely support a campaign to keep our local pub."
Antic would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs.
- Plans to build concrete plant near to hospital, primary school and new AFC Wimbledon stadium
- Man charged after 'threatening to use a knife' during argument with staff in Wimbledon bank
- Single machine blamed for 96% of gambling addicts' major losses
- Croydon Tramlink suspended after early morning house fire - lines now re-opened
- Tube workers vote on strike action in dispute over sacked colleague