The Provenance pub in Colliers Wood is closing less than a year after it opened.
Antic Pubs took over the High Street pub last May but said owner, Punch Taverns, is selling the property after asbestos, broken glass, fencing and detergents were found in the garden.
Damian McFadden, a fund manager who lives close to the pub, said: "The local community is just starting to gather a bit of steam so it is sad to see the pub closing."
Peter Lord, Colliers Wood resident and Conservative candidate for the ward, said: "I'm a bit shocked at what's happening. I think residents should have a say on it. I would absolutely support a campaign to keep our local pub."
Antic would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs.
- 'Red alert' issued and millions warned to stay at home as London is hit by toxic air from Germany
- Southern dispute: Strike to go ahead
- Trial of Raynes Park man delayed after sawn-off rifle and £4,000 worth of cannabis found on Northampton train
- WATCH: Man punches customer and throws chair at his head in pub fight
- Car tax is changing in April: Here's what you need to know