The Provenance pub in Colliers Wood is closing less than a year after it opened.
Antic Pubs took over the High Street pub last May but said owner, Punch Taverns, is selling the property after asbestos, broken glass, fencing and detergents were found in the garden.
Damian McFadden, a fund manager who lives close to the pub, said: "The local community is just starting to gather a bit of steam so it is sad to see the pub closing."
Peter Lord, Colliers Wood resident and Conservative candidate for the ward, said: "I'm a bit shocked at what's happening. I think residents should have a say on it. I would absolutely support a campaign to keep our local pub."
Antic would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs.
- £130 million for huge school expansion programme
- Voluntary services group has been honoured with a quality award for the ninth year in a row
- Rape victim told to "f*** off and cry in the street" by stranger she approached for help after attack near Southfields Station
- Criminal chased by police after he tried to escape from court gets a year behind bars
- BREAKING: Bank Holiday Monday rail strike suspended