Asbestos-hit Provenance pub in Colliers Wood closes down after less than a year in business
The Provenance pub in Colliers Wood is closing less than a year after it opened.
Antic Pubs took over the High Street pub last May but said owner, Punch Taverns, is selling the property after asbestos, broken glass, fencing and detergents were found in the garden.
Damian McFadden, a fund manager who lives close to the pub, said: "The local community is just starting to gather a bit of steam so it is sad to see the pub closing."
Peter Lord, Colliers Wood resident and Conservative candidate for the ward, said: "I'm a bit shocked at what's happening. I think residents should have a say on it. I would absolutely support a campaign to keep our local pub."
Antic would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs.
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Post mortem examinations to take place into New Malden child deaths
- New Merton Park free school site will not be ready this September
- New political party wants Mitcham 'independence'
- 'Interesting buildings' lost as new housing sweeps through Merton
Comments are closed on this article.