The Provenance pub in Colliers Wood is closing less than a year after it opened.
Antic Pubs took over the High Street pub last May but said owner, Punch Taverns, is selling the property after asbestos, broken glass, fencing and detergents were found in the garden.
Damian McFadden, a fund manager who lives close to the pub, said: "The local community is just starting to gather a bit of steam so it is sad to see the pub closing."
Peter Lord, Colliers Wood resident and Conservative candidate for the ward, said: "I'm a bit shocked at what's happening. I think residents should have a say on it. I would absolutely support a campaign to keep our local pub."
Antic would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs.
- How to beat norovirus: What to do if you get dreaded vomiting bug
- Southern loses High Court bid to block series of drivers' strikes
- REVEALED: Most and least recycling-friendly London boroughs
- Man who taunted police on Facebook charged with seven offences
- Get fit with these 11 exercise classes to try out this winter - for FREE