New Raynes Park triathlon club launches
If you're looking for a fitness challenge that gets you out of the gym, you might be inspired to join a new triathlon club.
Organisers are finalising plans for a permanent training facility, but weekend bike rides and swimming training around Raynes Park will start this month.
Wesley de Leur, a South African electrical engineer who launched the club after falling in love with the sport, said: "Our intention is to get both adults and children from the community involved in triathlons and promote healthy living."
Founders are looking for residents who would like to help with club organisation and administration.
Weekend bike rides will start at Starbucks Raynes Park, on Saturdays from 8am, with beginner, intermediate and experienced groups.
Running training for beginner, intermediate and experienced levels start on Wednesdays 7pm. Swim training will commence as soon as a suitable facility has been confirmed.
For more information, visit transitionzonesports.com, or call 07725 642823.
- Parents and staff celebrating outstanding Ofsted rating at a children's centre
- The thimble that saved thousands of servicemen
- Up to 300 blood samples taken after van is stolen from outside GP surgery in broad daylight
- Young man rescued from scaffolding and treated for leg injury
- Huge police man-hunt after 'suicidal' woman went missing in Raynes Park
Comments are closed on this article.