Firefighters were called to a commercial garage this morning after a fire broke out in the workshop.
Following an emergency call at 1am, four crews rushed to TA Central Autos, in Central Road, Morden, to extinguish the blaze.
Firefighters struggled to open the roll shutter and access the fire, but put out the blaze in 25 minutes once they were inside.
No one was injured but a fifth of the building was damaged as well as two cars.
Firefighters are investigating the cause of the fire.
- 'Scrutinise council decision to commission adult education' say opposition
- VIDEO: South London has a new 21st century fire station but don't worry: it still has a pole
- Education minister to launch Wimbledon BookFest young writer competition at school
- Is this Merton's most crime-ridden estate?
- UKIP MP hopeful under fire for tweeting 'Jihadi John' should have killed himself