Firefighters were called to a commercial garage this morning after a fire broke out in the workshop.
Following an emergency call at 1am, four crews rushed to TA Central Autos, in Central Road, Morden, to extinguish the blaze.
Firefighters struggled to open the roll shutter and access the fire, but put out the blaze in 25 minutes once they were inside.
No one was injured but a fifth of the building was damaged as well as two cars.
Firefighters are investigating the cause of the fire.
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway
- Case for Heathrow expansion 'stronger since Brexit' says airports review chief
- Which of these 10 takeaways should be named the best in south London?