Heart attack victims who bonded while recovering in rehab are hosting a fundraiser disco on Friday night.
Mrs Edwards said: "When I was in cardiac rehab I met Patricia who had also had a heart attack and we have remained friends ever since."
Soul, reggae and 80s music will liven up The Surrey Arms, Morden Road, when the 'Ramp up the Red' disco kicks off at 8pm.
Bar staff will be decked out in red, food will be provided by volunteers and Mrs Edward's son-in-law will be one of the DJs at the family-run event.
There will be a raffle and a crocheted red and white blanket, handmade by Mrs Kimber, will be up for auction.
Tickets cost £5 in advance and £7 on the door.
Guests are asked to wear red. For more information, visit the website.
- House fire near to Mitcham Eastfields station under investigation
- Self-harm figures drop in London in the middle of ‘epidemic’
- Wimbledon pub offers free Christmas dinners to anyone alone on Christmas Day
- New mobile game Snatch lets players win real prizes by 'stealing' from others
- Lung cancer breakthrough: New test could spot if you've got disease five years earlier than scans