Heart attack victims who bonded while recovering in rehab are hosting a fundraiser disco on Friday night.
Mrs Edwards said: "When I was in cardiac rehab I met Patricia who had also had a heart attack and we have remained friends ever since."
Soul, reggae and 80s music will liven up The Surrey Arms, Morden Road, when the 'Ramp up the Red' disco kicks off at 8pm.
Bar staff will be decked out in red, food will be provided by volunteers and Mrs Edward's son-in-law will be one of the DJs at the family-run event.
There will be a raffle and a crocheted red and white blanket, handmade by Mrs Kimber, will be up for auction.
Tickets cost £5 in advance and £7 on the door.
Guests are asked to wear red. For more information, visit the website.
- Pavement plaques and information boards installed to show visitors The Wimbledon Way
- Punctuality is still South West Trains passengers' biggest bugbear
- What's On: 13 reasons to go out this week in south London
- MERTON COMMUNITY AWARDS: Green-fingered volunteer loves spreading the word about nature
- As it happened: all the action from Anthony Joshua's world title fight at The O2