Heart attack victims who bonded while recovering in rehab are hosting a fundraiser disco on Friday night.
Mrs Edwards said: "When I was in cardiac rehab I met Patricia who had also had a heart attack and we have remained friends ever since."
Soul, reggae and 80s music will liven up The Surrey Arms, Morden Road, when the 'Ramp up the Red' disco kicks off at 8pm.
Bar staff will be decked out in red, food will be provided by volunteers and Mrs Edward's son-in-law will be one of the DJs at the family-run event.
There will be a raffle and a crocheted red and white blanket, handmade by Mrs Kimber, will be up for auction.
Tickets cost £5 in advance and £7 on the door.
Guests are asked to wear red. For more information, visit the website.
- Teenager stabbed five times on Croydon tram by knifeman
- Sewage stench means disabled man unable to eat in his own home
- AFC Wimbledon bid 'weak' in face of greyhound proposals, report on Plough Lane finds
- Colliers Wood man walks free after sting by the 'fake sheikh' who targeted X Factor's Tulisa unravels in court
- Councillor and CEO of YMCA take on London half marathon for charity