Overnight fire at flats in Montgomery Close, Pollards Hill
Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Parents of cyclist killed in Raynes Park crash pay tribute to 'lovely, kind' son
- Police have released a CCTV image of a man they want to question about a sexual assault on Merton night bus
- Husband who assaulted wife at tram stop in Mitcham must do unpaid work and pay fine
- Missing Mitcham pensioner John Gilgeours found safe and well
- UPDATE: Police confirm woman hit by train was from Wimbledon
Comments are closed on this article.