Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Golf club celebrates 50th female member in less than 10 years
- Primary school friends reunion a hit 60 years on
- New drama class for kids opens in Raynes Park
- 'Caring and friendly' Croydon teenager dies hours after supporting friend over father's death
- Young musicians given Mayor of London scholarship worth thousands of pounds