Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Neighbours and students of under-threat adult education incandescent after rumours of council cuts
- Regeneration boss says housing association 'won't make a penny' from proposed redevelopment - as he admits most new-builds will be for private rent
- Sports charity to host free basketball championships and coaching for teenagers
- Conkers a smash hit in striking autumn competition at city farm
- AFC Wimbledon supporters group speaks out after smaller scale greyhound bid unveiled