Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Homeward bound: Happy ending as beloved toy dog lost in the post makes it safely home
- Southern train guards announce fresh strike action
- UPDATED: Northern line running with severe delays after signal failure sends Tube into meltdown
- Delays to suburban trains as passenger is taken ill at Earlsfield
- London temperatures set to soar as heatwave sets in