Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Lost in Earlsfield: South West Trains bombarded with complaints over weekend bus replacement service
- No service is safe as council announces £32m of cuts - adult education first under threat
- Campaign to keep doctors' surgery on site three years after fight to stop closure
- Car blaze causes heavy traffic in Morden and St Helier
- Hurricane Gonzalo not expected to devastate south London and Surrey