Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Butcher shop owner's horror after customer loses hand in gruesome meat grinder accident
- 'Active new business hub' or 'cheap, huge and uninviting'? Proposal submitted to demolish part of Merton Abbey Mills for office block
- How will our area fare when Storm Dorris hammers UK with 80mph winds, heavy rain and snow?
- Morden man 'buried' at sea in ash scattering ceremony
- Jailed: 'Reprehensible' conmen who swindled elderly victim out of hundreds of thousands of pounds