Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Westminster terror attack 'over within 82 seconds'
- Don't forget to change your clocks this weekend
- WATCH: Neighbours pay emotional tributes to retired window cleaner killed in Westminster terror attack
- Neighbours pay tribute to south London pensioner who was fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack
- Greyhound chief accuses Merton Council of 'political opportunism' ahead of Wimbledon Stadium's final dog race before demolition