Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Bags of bullets, flares and heroin found at Merton home of courier fraudster who conned vulnerable people
- Regeneration: Housing association reveals financial offers to nearly 1,000 people affected by regeneration
- Hospital car parking charges set to rise as part of year of "unpopular decisions" at Epsom and St Helier
- School boy raises cash for cancer with cakes
- Train strike back ON - dates set for two Network Rail walkouts after pay offer rejected