Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Toxic air warnings issued across south London as pollution levels hit 'red alert' once again
- Morden couple 'didn't stand a chance' in Tunisia terror attack, inquest hears
- Commuters suffer further travel misery due to train strike and broken rail
- The MOT system could be set for a shake-up - see if you'll be affected
- Tram service suspended as track replacement work carried out next month