Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Sun shines on Morden Hall Park for annual Bank Holiday Country Show
- Husband and wife charged with terrorist fundraising appear in court
- WIN! We’ve got money-can’t-buy X-Men Apocalypse goodies to give away
- Police hunt for green waistcoat-wearing van thief who struck when owner stepped out to check the space he was reversing into
- Sweet success for local bakers at Wimbledon Village Family Fun Day