Overnight fire at flats in Montgomery Close, Pollards Hill
Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Cyclist death sparks calls to improve road safety
- Updated: Patient taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision in London Road, Mitcham - road re-opened
- Man pleads guilty to possessing throwing knives and an air pistol outside Waitrose
- Record entries as Merton Best Business Awards finalists announced
- Man in his 20s treated for chest injuries at Mitcham crash scene
Comments are closed on this article.