Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Confirmed: New secondary school will be built in south Wimbledon
- PARTY TIME! Send us your school prom photos for our gallery
- A footballer, a doctor and a knight in shining armour: Merton remembers those who fell at the Battle of the Somme
- A day of remembrance - 100 years since the beginning of the Battle of The Somme we ask our readers for their stories of that most terrible of battles
- Pakistan cricket legend to host exclusive charity event in Mitcham