Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Merton Heritage Discovery Day showcases the borough's historic assets
- UPDATE: Woman in her 40s treated for head injury after car pierced by metal barrier
- Thousands of pounds raised in memory of teenager at rugby day
- A child and a man in his seventies were among those seriously injured in collision
- Police want to talk to this woman about bus assault