Overnight fire at flats in Montgomery Close, Pollards Hill
Firefighters were called to reports of smoke and found a fire in Pollards Hill this morning.
Two fire engines arrived at a block of flats in Montgomery Close at about 1.10am and crews wearing breathing apparatus ventilated the corridor to get rid of the smoke.
They found a pile of rubbish on fire outside the building and took about a minute to put it out.
- Rescue dog goes missing on Wimbledon Common
- 'Takeover will kill studios' - Boss of Wimbledon Studios resigns in row over multi-million pound takeover
- Fire starts in bedroom after over-heated downlight bursts into flames
- 'Appalling' vandalised poppies and litter at Mitcham War Memorial days before First World War centenary
- Water park opens for school summer holidays
Comments are closed on this article.