It has been confirmed Wimbledon Library has been scrapped from a list of sites open for future development.
As a matter of routine, the listed library was included on a Merton Council's 'sites and policies plan' for independent planning Inspector Robert Yuille to consider.
Mr Yuille was tasked with reviewing a council decision to exclude the library from the plan in a u-turn on its decision to redevelop it in August last year.
At the meeting on Wednesday, January 29, Mr Yuille did not raise any concerns with taking the library out of the plans and confirmed that no consultation on the future of the library would take place.
- Love Me Tender: Mica Paris to star in brand new Elvis-themed musical
- £130 million for huge school expansion programme
- Sean Heiss murder trial: Hockey star recounts night of next-door neighbour's killing
- Artisan bakery Gail's opens in Wimbledon Village
- Voluntary services group has been honoured with a quality award for the ninth year in a row