It has been confirmed Wimbledon Library has been scrapped from a list of sites open for future development.
As a matter of routine, the listed library was included on a Merton Council's 'sites and policies plan' for independent planning Inspector Robert Yuille to consider.
Mr Yuille was tasked with reviewing a council decision to exclude the library from the plan in a u-turn on its decision to redevelop it in August last year.
At the meeting on Wednesday, January 29, Mr Yuille did not raise any concerns with taking the library out of the plans and confirmed that no consultation on the future of the library would take place.
- Fire damages pavilion at athletics track in Wimbledon Park
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- Armed police to travel on the Tube for first time since 7/7
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike