It has been confirmed Wimbledon Library has been scrapped from a list of sites open for future development.
As a matter of routine, the listed library was included on a Merton Council's 'sites and policies plan' for independent planning Inspector Robert Yuille to consider.
Mr Yuille was tasked with reviewing a council decision to exclude the library from the plan in a u-turn on its decision to redevelop it in August last year.
At the meeting on Wednesday, January 29, Mr Yuille did not raise any concerns with taking the library out of the plans and confirmed that no consultation on the future of the library would take place.
- Woman taken to hospital and six people are injured in late night collision
- Emerging artists to perform one-off show in hair salon
- Police investigating after man found dead on pavement in Wimbledon
- Sprinkling of snow falls in south west London and north Surrey
- Double celebration for world's largest boomerang manufacturer