Wimbledon library will not be redeveloped
It has been confirmed Wimbledon Library has been scrapped from a list of sites open for future development.
As a matter of routine, the listed library was included on a Merton Council's 'sites and policies plan' for independent planning Inspector Robert Yuille to consider.
Mr Yuille was tasked with reviewing a council decision to exclude the library from the plan in a u-turn on its decision to redevelop it in August last year.
At the meeting on Wednesday, January 29, Mr Yuille did not raise any concerns with taking the library out of the plans and confirmed that no consultation on the future of the library would take place.
- GCSE results across Merton announced today
- Police hunting for woman after two 'distressing' assaults at underground stations in south west London
- Review: Top Hat dazzles with tap dancing and beautiful costumes at New Wimbledon Theatre
- No-one claims kitten found meowing outside family's home
- Family's long ordeal set to end with son's return following US terror sentence
Comments are closed on this article.