Wimbledon library will not be redeveloped
It has been confirmed Wimbledon Library has been scrapped from a list of sites open for future development.
As a matter of routine, the listed library was included on a Merton Council's 'sites and policies plan' for independent planning Inspector Robert Yuille to consider.
Mr Yuille was tasked with reviewing a council decision to exclude the library from the plan in a u-turn on its decision to redevelop it in August last year.
At the meeting on Wednesday, January 29, Mr Yuille did not raise any concerns with taking the library out of the plans and confirmed that no consultation on the future of the library would take place.
- Merton election candidate and Ukip posterboy suspended after racist tweets emerge
- Tania Clarence charged with murdering her three children at their home in New Malden
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Praise from on high for St George's Healthcare NHS Trust
- Men accused of tampering with Wimbledon cash machine
Comments are closed on this article.