Suspended Merton top cop chief superintendent Darren Williams will not return, The Wimbledon Guardian has been informed.
Merton's borough commander Chief Supt Williams was suspended from duty following complaints from fellow police employees relating to his conduct, a matter still under investigation by the Directorate of Professional Standards.
But well placed sources have informed the Wimbledon Guardian he will not be returning to office and will instead be replaced by Stuart Macleod.
It is believed Mr Macleod, said to hold the rank of chief inspector, will start the role at the beginning of March.
It is understood he currently works within Scotland Yard and will start the new borough commander role 'imminently.'
A well placed source said: "[Darren Williams] made some enemies.
"Before he came along there was a very relaxed approach.
"But he changed a lot of things and shifted people about."
While the investigation was being carried out, Superintendent David Palmer has been appointed as acting borough commander for Merton but it is understood that he will not be stepping into the role permanently.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police did not comment on Chief Supt Williams' removal but welcomed Stuart Mcleod to the role.
He said: "We are pleased to confirm the appointment of detective chief superintendent Stuart Macleod, who will be taking over as Borough Commander of Merton on a temporary basis."
Chief Supt Darren Williams, who joined Merton in February 2012 from Bexley, has served as an officer for 26 years. He was suspended from duty earlier this month.
Chief Supt Williams and Supt David Palmer were not available for comment.
- Hollywood A-lister flown in to Merton Park by helicopter to film his latest movie
- Police appeal to find Merton teenager missing for nearly two weeks
- BIGGER THAN BREXIT: 11 other huge calls to reconsider if there's an EU referendum do-over
- Wimbledon primary school raises £800 for Save the Children through 'Build a Den' day
- Repair work for fire damaged mosque to include new wing, bigger courtyard and extra accommodation