Police are appealing for information after an elderly man was conned out of money by two men posing as police.
Wearing black fleeces, the two approached the 83-year-old man's home on Garfield Road near Haydon's Road, Wimbledon, at 5.30pm yesterday.
They told the elderly resident he had used forged notes in a nearby location and asked to see if he had any more money on him.
When the victim showed them what cash he had, the men snatched the money from his hand and ran off towards Tennyson Road.
The suspects are described as white men, approximately 5 ft 5 inches and of large build.
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact Merton Police on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Mentally ill man guilty of strangling Mormon grandmother to death after she homed him to avoid bedroom tax
- Housing association leaseholder facing £6,000 repairs bill
- Disabled people challenge councillors 'playing football with our lives' to soccer match
- South Thames College student stabbed in Morden Park
- Young doctor dying from skin cancer raises more than £20,000 for charity from his hospital bed