Police are appealing for information after an elderly man was conned out of money by two men posing as police.
Wearing black fleeces, the two approached the 83-year-old man's home on Garfield Road near Haydon's Road, Wimbledon, at 5.30pm yesterday.
They told the elderly resident he had used forged notes in a nearby location and asked to see if he had any more money on him.
When the victim showed them what cash he had, the men snatched the money from his hand and ran off towards Tennyson Road.
The suspects are described as white men, approximately 5 ft 5 inches and of large build.
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact Merton Police on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Fire damages pavilion at athletics track in Wimbledon Park
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- Armed police to travel on the Tube for first time since 7/7
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike