Police are appealing for information after an elderly man was conned out of money by two men posing as police.
Wearing black fleeces, the two approached the 83-year-old man's home on Garfield Road near Haydon's Road, Wimbledon, at 5.30pm yesterday.
They told the elderly resident he had used forged notes in a nearby location and asked to see if he had any more money on him.
When the victim showed them what cash he had, the men snatched the money from his hand and ran off towards Tennyson Road.
The suspects are described as white men, approximately 5 ft 5 inches and of large build.
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact Merton Police on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- No assessment done into impact of forcing centre for adults with learning disabilities to relocate
- Teenage girl sexually assaulted in broad daylight while waiting for a bus
- REVEALED: Where does your London borough rank on the happiness scale?
- Youth worker found dead on Wimbledon Common died from alcohol poisoning after battling with addiction
- Tube chat falls flat: Londoners unimpressed by badge campaign to get people talking to each other on public transport