Police are appealing for information after an elderly man was conned out of money by two men posing as police.
Wearing black fleeces, the two approached the 83-year-old man's home on Garfield Road near Haydon's Road, Wimbledon, at 5.30pm yesterday.
They told the elderly resident he had used forged notes in a nearby location and asked to see if he had any more money on him.
When the victim showed them what cash he had, the men snatched the money from his hand and ran off towards Tennyson Road.
The suspects are described as white men, approximately 5 ft 5 inches and of large build.
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact Merton Police on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Volunteer police cadets applauded by London top cops at awards ceremony
- New site for health centre identified after consultation
- Merchant bank leaving Tolworth Tower to become Merton's biggest private employer
- Beekeeping couple in bid to raise funds for own hives
- Community centre staff appeal for thousands of pounds to refurbish studio