Police are appealing for information after an elderly man was conned out of money by two men posing as police.
Wearing black fleeces, the two approached the 83-year-old man's home on Garfield Road near Haydon's Road, Wimbledon, at 5.30pm yesterday.
They told the elderly resident he had used forged notes in a nearby location and asked to see if he had any more money on him.
When the victim showed them what cash he had, the men snatched the money from his hand and ran off towards Tennyson Road.
The suspects are described as white men, approximately 5 ft 5 inches and of large build.
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact Merton Police on 101 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Family pays tribute to hero Colliers Wood man killed at Old Street station trying to save brother
- Leading GP declines to support Epsom and St Helier A&E and maternity hopes as fears of post-election cuts resurface
- Swings and roundabouts - parents slam council over 'infuriating' playground layout
- 18-year-old stabbed outside community centre in 'revenge attack'
- Merton Civic Awards: Wimbledon BookFest director recognised for making a success of festival