Police have named the 34-year-old man found hanged on Mitcham Common last week.
Tomasz Michal Wujciow, from Poland, was discovered by a park warden at Seven Islands Pond on Wednesday, January 22.
London Ambulance Service rushed a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but Mr Wujciow was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
An inquest has opened at Wandsworth and Merton Coroner's office, but police are not treating his death as suspicious.
Mr Wujciow's next of kin has been informed.
Did you know Mr Wujciow? Please contact the newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8722 6335.
- AFC Wimbledon mascot Haydon the Womble to take on Spongebob on Nick Kicks this morning
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Two companies likely to provide waste collection in four boroughs
- Prison officer and inmate's girlfriend smuggle heroin, cannabis and mobile phones into Wandsworth Prison
- World War 1 footage and historic photo exhibition some of the highlights of day dedicated to Merton's heritage