Police have named the 34-year-old man found hanged on Mitcham Common last week.
Tomasz Michal Wujciow, from Poland, was discovered by a park warden at Seven Islands Pond on Wednesday, January 22.
London Ambulance Service rushed a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but Mr Wujciow was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
An inquest has opened at Wandsworth and Merton Coroner's office, but police are not treating his death as suspicious.
Mr Wujciow's next of kin has been informed.
Did you know Mr Wujciow? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 020 8722 6335.
- Gannett Foundation awards more than £16,000 to south London charities
- Morden mosque fire: Teenager appears in court charged with arson
- Londoners can now hire naked women to clean their homes
- It's magic: Quidditch Premier League try-outs come to south London
- 'Dream come true': Sutton come from behind to set up lucrative tie against Leeds Utd