Police have named the 34-year-old man found hanged on Mitcham Common last week.
Tomasz Michal Wujciow, from Poland, was discovered by a park warden at Seven Islands Pond on Wednesday, January 22.
London Ambulance Service rushed a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but Mr Wujciow was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
An inquest has opened at Wandsworth and Merton Coroner's office, but police are not treating his death as suspicious.
Mr Wujciow's next of kin has been informed.
Did you know Mr Wujciow? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 020 8722 6335.
- Transformation begins for tower voted London's ugliest building
- Thousands of pounds raised at charity football match is a winner for children with cancer
- Community group design shapes future development of Wimbledon
- NHS strikes suspended after pay proposal from government
- Flasher indecently exposes himself to schoolgirl in Worcester Park