Police have named the 34-year-old man found hanged on Mitcham Common last week.
Tomasz Michal Wujciow, from Poland, was discovered by a park warden at Seven Islands Pond on Wednesday, January 22.
London Ambulance Service rushed a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but Mr Wujciow was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
An inquest has opened at Wandsworth and Merton Coroner's office, but police are not treating his death as suspicious.
Mr Wujciow's next of kin has been informed.
Did you know Mr Wujciow? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 020 8722 6335.
- Wimbledon Tennis: The day the world's sporting press descended on SW19
- Wimbledon: Aussie player who took on Billie Jean King returns to "tennis holy grail" after 45 years away
- Wimbledon: Spirits are high under the summer sunshine
- Police seize drone being flown over home of Wimbledon tennis championships
- Islamic State (IS) 'bomb plot targeted Armed Forces Day parade in Merton'