Police have named the 34-year-old man found hanged on Mitcham Common last week.
Tomasz Michal Wujciow, from Poland, was discovered by a park warden at Seven Islands Pond on Wednesday, January 22.
London Ambulance Service rushed a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but Mr Wujciow was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
An inquest has opened at Wandsworth and Merton Coroner's office, but police are not treating his death as suspicious.
Mr Wujciow's next of kin has been informed.
Did you know Mr Wujciow? Please contact the newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8722 6335.
- POLL: More than half of Londoners admit to dipping their wick in the office goods. Have you?
- Butcher shop owner's horror after customer loses hand in gruesome meat grinder accident
- 'Active new business hub' or 'cheap, huge and uninviting'? Proposal submitted to demolish part of Merton Abbey Mills for office block
- How will our area fare when Storm Dorris hammers UK with 80mph winds, heavy rain and snow?
- Morden man 'buried' at sea in ash scattering ceremony