Police have named the 34-year-old man found hanged on Mitcham Common last week.
Tomasz Michal Wujciow, from Poland, was discovered by a park warden at Seven Islands Pond on Wednesday, January 22.
London Ambulance Service rushed a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but Mr Wujciow was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
An inquest has opened at Wandsworth and Merton Coroner's office, but police are not treating his death as suspicious.
Mr Wujciow's next of kin has been informed.
Did you know Mr Wujciow? Please contact the newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8722 6335.
- Sadiq Khan demands more devolution for London in Brexit aftermath
- WEATHER: South London and north Surrey set for another day of underwhelming weather
- Matthew Kitandwe murder: Second boy arrested as detectives return to the scene one week on and £10,000 reward for information is offered
- Police hunting man wanted in connection to five burglaries
- Nationwide chicken wing challenge heads to Wandsworth bars