Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- What to do if you've got an Ikea chest of drawers that isn't fixed to the wall
- Sadiq Khan demands more devolution for London in Brexit aftermath
- WEATHER: South London and north Surrey set for another day of underwhelming weather
- Matthew Kitandwe murder: Second boy arrested as detectives return to the scene one week on and £10,000 reward for information is offered
- Police hunting man wanted in connection to five burglaries