Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- Christmas spirit has well and truly arrived at the Wimbledon Guild
- Volunteers dig deep to paint fences and plant flowers in the community
- Dig around in the Wandle: Treasure hunt events coming up
- Interview with Tiff Stevenson: the stand-up comedian talks feminism, the Kardashians and inspiration ahead of her Wimbledon show
- New chair of governors at school where headteacher and former chair left suddenly speaks out