Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- REVEALED: These are the places where you're most (and least) likely to pass your driving test in London
- Send your Pancake Day photos - and flip through these facts, recipes ideas and top tips
- Southern Rail passengers urged to claim compensation
- Huge gaffe as La La Land mistakenly announced best picture prize winner over Moonlight at Oscars
- Tougher rules on using mobile phones while driving come into force this week