Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- Man pleads not guilty to stealing nearly £2,000 worth of equipment from Mitcham Golf Club
- VIDEO: Morden’s UFC star Brad Pickett on the pressures of fatherhood and being an entertainer
- Mother and son rescued from burning house in Wimbledon
- Hundreds protest 'government inaction' over 'shambolic' Southern Rail service
- Recycle, reuse and repair: free autumn events aimed at reducing landfill waste coming to a town centre near you