Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- 'Red alert' issued and millions warned to stay at home as London is hit by toxic air from Germany
- Southern dispute: Strike to go ahead
- Trial of Raynes Park man delayed after sawn-off rifle and £4,000 worth of cannabis found on Northampton train
- WATCH: Man punches customer and throws chair at his head in pub fight
- Car tax is changing in April: Here's what you need to know