Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- Mitcham Common blaze: Area the size of 10 football pitches on fire
- 140-room hotel plan given the nod despite offering no car parking
- Head shave kick-starts choir fund-raising challegne
- 'I made tea for Alf Ramsey': 50 years since England won the World Cup, we take a look at ordinary Londoners who played their part
- Fire consumes pavilion at old BBC sports ground in Motspur Park