Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- The mayor of Merton swims 100 lengths to raise hundreds for chosen charities
- Celeb hotspot Mitcham restaurant nominated for national award
- Thieves armed with electric drills stole £22,000 from pay and display machines in five months
- Check out these 4 ingenious ways to ‘hide’ your TV
- Cyclist hit by van in Wimbledon Hill Road - heavy traffic in both directions