Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- Family pays tribute to hero Colliers Wood man killed at Old Street station trying to save brother
- Leading GP declines to support Epsom and St Helier A&E and maternity hopes as fears of post-election cuts resurface
- Swings and roundabouts - parents slam council over 'infuriating' playground layout
- 18-year-old stabbed outside community centre in 'revenge attack'
- Merton Civic Awards: Wimbledon BookFest director recognised for making a success of festival