Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- 15 young people involved in bloody machete fight in Mitcham that left teenager stabbed
- WATCH: Want a Chewbacca mask like the one in that Facebook video? The Force is not with you ...
- Raynes Park schoolboy's cake sale raises almost £1,300 for Cancer Research UK
- VIDEO: Who's most likely to get rescued when their car breaks down - men or women?
- EXPLAINED: Not got a fracking clue? We've extracted everything you need to know