Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- Fracking in Merton could start next year said energy company boss
- Local artists paint India race rickshaws in memory of Duchess of Cornwall's brother
- Man accused of plotting to join Al-Shabaab has 'spent years in mental health hospital'
- Road rage: have you been caught out by these temporary traffic lights getting stuck on red?
- 'Grateful to be alive' - says young woman attacked with brick by man disguised in burka