Drivers were diverted around a London Road, Mitcham, collision between a car and a bus this morning after reports that a woman was trapped in a vehicle.
Ambulance crews and Metropolitan Police officers were called to the A217 London Road in Mitcham, by the Crusoe Road junction, after reports that a bus and a car had collided.
Reports suggested that the road was closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and cars were being diverted around the scene.
According to a police spokesperson, a man was treated for ankle injuries at the scene and a woman, who was in the car, did not look like she had serious injuries.
The emergency services were called at 7.54am and the road was reopened at 8.48am on Monday, January 27.
- 'Utterly devoted' boyfriend jailed for accidental killing of pregnant girlfriend
- Life sentences for thugs who beat father-of-two to death in community centre attack
- Man denies serious assault near Wimbledon Common windmill
- Your 2014 guide to fireworks events across Wimbledon and Mitcham
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?