Police raids in Mitcham have resulted in the recovery of 13 stolen bikes, with one worth over £1000 being reunited with its owner.
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man and a 38-year-old woman after recovering the bikes from their garage on Phipps Bridge Estate this morning.
Police were able to track down John Sawyer, owner of the valuable racing bike, because he had recorded his bike's frame number when he reported the theft.
Mr Sawyer, from Colliers Wood, said: "I am so happy the local police have found my bike. When my bike was stolen I never expected to see it again. I can't thank Mitcham police enough for their efforts in reuniting me with my property."
Sergeant Steve Burke and four police cluster teams were up at 6am executing warrants to crack down on theft in Mitcham.
If you suspect that criminal activity is taking place in your area, contact police on 101. You can also find out about local policing by following @MPSMitchamSgt for regular crime updates.
- Leader of Merton Council may face two formal investigations after 'serious' complaints about council tax consultation
- How to get 18 days off work next year - but only book 9 days' holiday
- Relationship between Viridor and Sutton Lib Dems questioned again after councillor appointed to waste giant’s charity arm
- Collapsed sewer in Mitcham - drivers warned to avoid area
- Southern launches in-court bid to block drivers' strikes caused by dispute over driver-only trains