Police raids in Mitcham have resulted in the recovery of 13 stolen bikes, with one worth over £1000 being reunited with its owner.
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man and a 38-year-old woman after recovering the bikes from their garage on Phipps Bridge Estate this morning.
Police were able to track down John Sawyer, owner of the valuable racing bike, because he had recorded his bike's frame number when he reported the theft.
Mr Sawyer, from Colliers Wood, said: "I am so happy the local police have found my bike. When my bike was stolen I never expected to see it again. I can't thank Mitcham police enough for their efforts in reuniting me with my property."
Sergeant Steve Burke and four police cluster teams were up at 6am executing warrants to crack down on theft in Mitcham.
If you suspect that criminal activity is taking place in your area, contact police on 101. You can also find out about local policing by following @MPSMitchamSgt for regular crime updates.
- Testing work to start on site of new £11m leisure centre
- Best happy video yet? Rugby player, bowls club members and Windmillers celebrate Wimbledon Village and Park
- Which Wimbledon restaurant has reached the final of the "Curry Oscars"?
- Primary school on winning streak with two gold awards and thousands of pounds in recycling prizes
- VIDEO: Peeping Tom doctor - believed to be London's worst ever - jailed after filming himself by mistake