Police raids in Mitcham have resulted in the recovery of 13 stolen bikes, with one worth over £1000 being reunited with its owner.
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man and a 38-year-old woman after recovering the bikes from their garage on Phipps Bridge Estate this morning.
Police were able to track down John Sawyer, owner of the valuable racing bike, because he had recorded his bike's frame number when he reported the theft.
Mr Sawyer, from Colliers Wood, said: "I am so happy the local police have found my bike. When my bike was stolen I never expected to see it again. I can't thank Mitcham police enough for their efforts in reuniting me with my property."
Sergeant Steve Burke and four police cluster teams were up at 6am executing warrants to crack down on theft in Mitcham.
If you suspect that criminal activity is taking place in your area, contact police on 101. You can also find out about local policing by following @MPSMitchamSgt for regular crime updates.
- "Choose a life, not a knife": Met police cadets campaign posters to appear across London to tackle knife crime
- Night tube under threat as union votes in favour of strike action over pay and conditions
- 8 things to look forward to in Wimbledon and Wandsworth this bank holiday and half term
- Dogs leap over hurdles and hay bales to prove their skills at dog show
- Stabbing: Teenager hospitalised and two men arrested after "large machete fight"