Police raids in Mitcham have resulted in the recovery of 13 stolen bikes, with one worth over £1000 being reunited with its owner.
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man and a 38-year-old woman after recovering the bikes from their garage on Phipps Bridge Estate this morning.
Police were able to track down John Sawyer, owner of the valuable racing bike, because he had recorded his bike's frame number when he reported the theft.
Mr Sawyer, from Colliers Wood, said: "I am so happy the local police have found my bike. When my bike was stolen I never expected to see it again. I can't thank Mitcham police enough for their efforts in reuniting me with my property."
Sergeant Steve Burke and four police cluster teams were up at 6am executing warrants to crack down on theft in Mitcham.
If you suspect that criminal activity is taking place in your area, contact police on 101. You can also find out about local policing by following @MPSMitchamSgt for regular crime updates.
- Paddling poop: Popular splash pool closed for two weeks for decontamination after child 'pooed in the pool'
- Putney Bridge underground station closed and evacuated after 'suspicious package' found
- Police appeal to find 14-year-old boy missing from Mitcham for a month
- VIDEO AND PICTURES: Mitcham Common fire may have been caused by discarded cigarette
- Two men re-bailed after machete fight involving 15 young people in Mitcham town centre