Police raids in Mitcham have resulted in the recovery of 13 stolen bikes, with one worth over £1000 being reunited with its owner.
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man and a 38-year-old woman after recovering the bikes from their garage on Phipps Bridge Estate this morning.
Police were able to track down John Sawyer, owner of the valuable racing bike, because he had recorded his bike's frame number when he reported the theft.
Mr Sawyer, from Colliers Wood, said: "I am so happy the local police have found my bike. When my bike was stolen I never expected to see it again. I can't thank Mitcham police enough for their efforts in reuniting me with my property."
Sergeant Steve Burke and four police cluster teams were up at 6am executing warrants to crack down on theft in Mitcham.
If you suspect that criminal activity is taking place in your area, contact police on 101. You can also find out about local policing by following @MPSMitchamSgt for regular crime updates.
- Tributes to teenage girl fatally hit by a truck on her way home from college one year ago today
- Interview: Diverse arts festival with everything from Greek comedy to puppets starts today
- Family 'gutted' after thief steals charity box used to raise money for cancer charities in memory of much-loved bus driver
- Two men shot at after group of men armed with baseball bats chase car
- PICTURES: £12m health centre opens in Wimbledon