Are you thinking of taking up a new hobby or volunteering in the community this year?
A community open day will be held on Saturday, January 25 for people who are interested in starting something new - perhaps taking up a hobby, finding a support group or volunteering with an organisation.
More than 30 groups and organisations will attend an open day at the Community Centre in Colliers Wood High Street.
The event will be held from 11am to 5pm, and will feature a range of groups including the Colliers Wood Spring Arts Festival, Sustainable Merton, Colliers Wood Chorus and the Colliers Wood Residents' Association.
There will be performances of music and dance during the day as well as hands-on activities for children and young people including art and craft workshops, face-painting and a climbing wall.
An all-day cafe will serve home made cakes and sandwiches.
- Controversial charity wins right to open secondary school in Merton
- Multi-vehicle crash closes two lanes on A3 Surrey-bound at Tolworth
- Delicious cheesecake crowned winner at Harvest Festival
- Teenager stabbed five times on Croydon tram by knifeman
- Sewage stench means disabled man unable to eat in his own home