A 34-year-old man was found hanged on Mitcham Common this morning.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene at 11.44am after a passerby discovered the body at Seven Islands Pond.
London Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
The coroner's office has been informed. Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Do you know anything about this tragedy? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 0208 722 6335.
- Teenager stabbed five times on Croydon tram by knifeman
- Sewage stench means disabled man unable to eat in his own home
- AFC Wimbledon bid 'weak' in face of greyhound proposals, report on Plough Lane finds
- Colliers Wood man walks free after sting by the 'fake sheikh' who targeted X Factor's Tulisa unravels in court
- Councillor and CEO of YMCA take on London half marathon for charity