A 34-year-old man was found hanged on Mitcham Common this morning.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene at 11.44am after a passerby discovered the body at Seven Islands Pond.
London Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
The coroner's office has been informed. Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Do you know anything about this tragedy? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 0208 722 6335.
- Detectives have released this photo of a man they want to speak to about a robbery and assault
- Being a fussy eater inspired love of cooking which took local man all the way to MasterChef final
- Thousands of pounds raised since Friday in memory of hero killed at Old Street station trying to save brother
- Delivery van 'folds up like a pack of cards' in latest bridge crash
- Merton student one of chosen few to join volunteer India trip