A 34-year-old man was found hanged on Mitcham Common this morning.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene at 11.44am after a passerby discovered the body at Seven Islands Pond.
London Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
The coroner's office has been informed. Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Do you know anything about this tragedy? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 0208 722 6335.
- Case for Heathrow expansion 'stronger since Brexit' says airports review chief
- Which of these 10 takeaways should be named the best in south London?
- Country music legend sentenced to 15 years in jail for rape and indecent assault
- UPDATED: Dead body on tracks causes train delays
- South Londoners making most of new hopper bus fare - especially these two routes