A 34-year-old man was found hanged on Mitcham Common this morning.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene at 11.44am after a passerby discovered the body at Seven Islands Pond.
London Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
The coroner's office has been informed. Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Do you know anything about this tragedy? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 0208 722 6335.
- Leader of Merton Council may face two formal investigations after 'serious' complaints about council tax consultation
- How to get 18 days off work next year - but only book 9 days' holiday
- Relationship between Viridor and Sutton Lib Dems questioned again after councillor appointed to waste giant’s charity arm
- Collapsed sewer in Mitcham - drivers warned to avoid area
- Southern launches in-court bid to block drivers' strikes caused by dispute over driver-only trains