A 34-year-old man was found hanged on Mitcham Common this morning.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene at 11.44am after a passerby discovered the body at Seven Islands Pond.
London Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
The coroner's office has been informed. Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Do you know anything about this tragedy? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 0208 722 6335.
- Six bedroom house to be built on tennis court near All England Club in Wimbledon
- Luxury basement with 1,000 bottle wine cellar approved for Wimbledon Village home
- Men accused of violent Wimbledon burglary in court
- Update: Disruption to train services across South West Trains network after faulty track
- Businesses face severe financial losses or closure after shock eviction from offices