A 34-year-old man was found hanged on Mitcham Common this morning.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene at 11.44am after a passerby discovered the body at Seven Islands Pond.
London Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
The coroner's office has been informed. Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Do you know anything about this tragedy? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 0208 722 6335.
- Merton Civic Awards: Wimbledon BookFest director recognised for making a success of festival
- Two brothers charged with stealing from elderly and frail people across Merton, Croydon and Sussex back in court
- Six storey library facelift to go ahead
- Merton Civic Awards: Kind and caring pharmacy worker recognised for helpfulness
- VIDEO: Merton Heritage Discovery Day showcases the borough's historic assets