An elderly woman was rescued from her home after a fire broke out in her kitchen.
After waking up in a smoke-filled room in the early hours of this morning, the disorientated woman called 999.
Firefighters attended the blaze at Merevale Crescent, Morden, at 3.23am and found the woman at the front door.
A house search ensued as the confused woman thought there could be other people in the building, but she was alone.
Two fire crews from Mitcham and Sutton put out the fire in under half an hour.
The woman was put into the care of ambulance staff who took her to St Helier Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters said the house was 10 per cent damaged by fire and the rest of the property suffered smoke damage.
- Police hunt man, 31, accused of racial abuse in Wimbledon Library
- Armed police arrested wanted Pollards Hill teenager
- Police collect more than 300 Christmas presents for Merton children in care
- Town centre cash boost for cycling by Mayor of London
- 1,200 strong petition against plans to review adult education handed to council