An elderly woman was rescued from her home after a fire broke out in her kitchen.
After waking up in a smoke-filled room in the early hours of this morning, the disorientated woman called 999.
Firefighters attended the blaze at Merevale Crescent, Morden, at 3.23am and found the woman at the front door.
A house search ensued as the confused woman thought there could be other people in the building, but she was alone.
Two fire crews from Mitcham and Sutton put out the fire in under half an hour.
The woman was put into the care of ambulance staff who took her to St Helier Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters said the house was 10 per cent damaged by fire and the rest of the property suffered smoke damage.
- Weeping willow crashes down on car in residential street
- London United bus driver strike cancelled
- UPDATE: Police hunt continues for man missing from mental health hospital
- Sculptor and former Wimbledon Village resident David Wynne dies aged 88
- Have your say on Scotland: Should they stay or go?