Woman rescued after overnight kitchen fire in Merevale Crescent, Morden

Two fire crews from Mitcham and Sutton put out the fire in under half an hour.

Two fire crews from Mitcham and Sutton put out the fire in under half an hour.

First published in News
Last updated
Wimbledon Guardian: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

An elderly woman was rescued from her home after a fire broke out in her kitchen.

After waking up in a smoke-filled room in the early hours of this morning, the disorientated woman called 999.

Firefighters attended the blaze at Merevale Crescent, Morden, at 3.23am and found the woman at the front door.

A house search ensued as the confused woman thought there could be other people in the building, but she was alone.

Two fire crews from Mitcham and Sutton put out the fire in under half an hour.

The woman was put into the care of ambulance staff who took her to St Helier Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters said the house was 10 per cent damaged by fire and the rest of the property suffered smoke damage.

 

TODAY'S TOP MERTON STORIES

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree