A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- Man found not guilty of murdering Tooting pensioner, but trial continues
- World War 1 footage and historic photo exhibition some of the highlights of day dedicated to Merton's heritage
- RESULT! You can now stop cold calls to your mobile with a simple text message
- Traffic: Temporary traffic lights in place due to burst water main in Mitcham
- Fires and fire deaths across London slightly up from last year