A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- London will be hotter than Barcelona today as heatwave reaches its peak
- Homeward bound: Happy ending as beloved toy dog lost in the post makes it safely home
- Southern train guards announce fresh strike action
- UPDATED: Northern line running with severe delays after signal failure sends Tube into meltdown
- Delays to suburban trains as passenger is taken ill at Earlsfield