A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- Johnny Savile victim says she told mental health trust "14 times" before they did anything
- Jimmy Savile's brother raped woman and abused others while working at mental hospital
- Exactly where the Wimbledon Guardian stands on AFC Wimbledon stadium plans
- Rapist jailed after group attack on woman in flower hut
- Fair play: Children hunt fair trade products on trip to the shops