A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- Delays and cancellations on the trains possible until 8pm due to signalling problems
- Councils join forces to push for devolved powers to 'create 500,000 new jobs and 20,000 extra homes'
- 'The flat was well alight and smoke was coming out of the windows' - firefighters save lives in Pollards Hill blaze
- 'Traingate' - Hospital chief exec says "I don't think we misled anyone" over leak of super-site plans
- Boy, 3, falls from third-storey window in Mitcham