A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- Man charged with robbery escapes from mental health facility in Wandsworth
- Top doctor gets award for being "tower of strength" to sick baby and family
- Cousin of murdered Fico Dougan invites ex-gang members to share their stories
- Burglar pleads guilty to battering academic Paul Kohler at his Wimbledon home
- Police make arrest following Mitcham stabbing