A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- Hollywood A-lister flown in to Merton Park by helicopter to film his latest movie
- Police appeal to find Merton teenager missing for nearly two weeks
- Fears that blue light services are 'unprepared' as half of emergency workers commute from outside London
- Absolutely Fabulous the Movie review: ‘the magic is still there’
- WEATHER: While you shake your fist at the rain, just remember it was 30 degrees this time last year...