A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- AFC Wimbledon supporters group speaks out after smaller scale greyhound bid unveiled
- Black art workshops aim to inspire youngsters by exploring their heritage
- Poll: Passionate reaction to new greyhound stadium plans - have your say
- Residents threatened with 8-storey tower on their doorstep discover appeal result - two months after decision
- Weapon scanners set up at secondary school this morning by police