A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- Ten teens charged with causing actual bodily harm and intimidating a witness after lone teenage girl is knocked unconscious in Mitcham
- Approval given for 21 new homes in first move to 'regenerate' the Ravensbury estate
- Protest planned at Dirty Dancing's opening night against lack of live musicians
- Hundreds of passengers donate to fund for judicial review of Government's handling of Southern rail franchise
- You can work in London and save £450,000 buying a home - but there's a catch