A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- One round of IVF for Merton couples to be paid for by health bosses
- Update: Neighbours rally round to stop closure of much-loved coffee shop
- Tea merchant scoops top awards for blends in 'food and drink Oscars'
- Live music, food and hay bales entertain festival-goers at Beer by the River event
- Train faults lead to disruption to rush hour commuters on First Capital Connect services