A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- Young chefs learnt from the experts at college event
- Thugs guilty of community centre murder after brutally attacking father-of-two sitting quietly at computer
- Tennis club 'shocked' by courts closure
- Charity which opened school with just 12 pupils wins right to open Merton secondary school
- Multi-vehicle crash closes two lanes on A3 Surrey-bound at Tolworth