A five year old primary school girl is steering Merton towards safer roads after designing a banner urging cars to slow down.
Ella Olimba, who attends St Thomas of Canterbury R.C Primary School, Mitcham, came up with the winning design imploring drivers to protect children by reducing speeds to 20mph.
Ella's drawing has been made into full-size banners to be displayed outside all Merton primary schools.
Entries were submitted from across the borough with the winner selected by a judging panel led by Nicholas Hitchens, Assitant Editor of the Wimbledon Guardian.
The competition was organised by webuyanycar.com and supported by road safety charity Brake.
- Police 'increasingly concerned' for well-being of teenager missing from home for nearly a month
- Police officer killed in Westminster terror attack died despite wearing body armour
- 'Because I am a girl': Hundreds of students from Wimbledon secondary school march for women's rights
- Merton Council defends decision to live stream footage of nesting birds but not council meetings
- POLL RESULT: Big majority of you want to remain in EU as Article 50 triggers Brexit