One in five Mitcham trains to Victoria late or cancelled at morning rush hour
Mitcham commuters have had to contend with regular train delays on their journeys into central London.
Nearly a quarter of all journeys made by the 8:08 service from Mitcham Junction to London Victoria were delayed or cancelled last year.
Statistics from Southern Rail also show that more than one in six journeys on the 07:35 and 7:49 services were delayed or cancelled in 2013.
Further delays and cancellations have been reported in 2014, despite an average 2.8 per cent increase in rail fares.
@smk92 tweeted this morning: "@SouthernRailUK are you ever intending to run the 7:49 from Mitcham Junction to London Victoria. It's been cancelled every day?"
@martinwhelton tweeted yesterday morning: "A little rain and wind is enough 4 @SouthernRailUK to cancel TWO Victoria services in a row from Mitcham Eastfields. #Sameoldstory"
Have you been delayed on your journey from Mitcham to London Victoria?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to share your experiences.
- Men jailed over Rolex fraud
- No service on District Line from Putney Bridge to Wimbledon and severe delays from Edgware Road
- Lightning strike at a Morden pharmacy 'sounded like a bomb going off'
- Man jailed for burgling Wimbledon delicatessen
- Lightning strike causes massive train disruption
Comments are closed on this article.