Merton Christmas tree collection rules laid out
Merton Council will be collecting real Christmas trees after the festive period from the roadside.
Residents are asked to remove all decorations from the tree and place it by the edge of their property where it is visible before 6am on January 6.
If it has not been collected by January 26 then residents are asked to visit www.merton.gov.uk and fill out a missed collection form.
Alternatively you can take your tree to the Garth Road recycling centre in Morden.
Normal rubbish collection will be affected by the bank holidays.
There will be no refuse and recycling collections on Christmas Day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Between Boxing Day and December 27 schedules will run one day later than usual – ie Friday collections will be made on a Saturday, and the same will apply after New Year’s Day.
Normal service will resume on January 6.
- Man who drove across level crossing let off with absolute discharge
- TV presenter Katy Hill joins Wimbledon children for World Book Day
- Merton confirms council tax freeze - parties clash over budget
- Death-trap bedsits landlord fined £25,000
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
Comments are closed on this article.