Wimbledon construction company owner Paul Strank receives MBE
Construction business owner and long-time charity fund raiser Paul Strank has received an MBE.
Mr Strank, owner of Paul Strank Roofing, received his gong from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace on December 19.
The honour was given for services to charity and the community of Wimbledon.
Mr Strank said: "It was a very humbling moment in my life"
The charities Mr Strank has supported include Children in Need which he has supported for over 30 years as well as Shooting Star Chase Hospice care for Children and Teenagers, OneLife UK and Age Concern UK.
Days earlier Mr Strank and his company held a Toy Appeal and Christmas Party for the Shooting Star Chase Hospice.
He and his staff donned their Santa and Elves outfits, and together with Eastenders star Shona McGarty, Whitney Dean in the popular soap, handed out presents in Guildford on December 14.
The appeal raised in excess of £8,000 worth of donations.
Shooting Star Chase were also presented with a cheque for the money raised from the annual Paul Strank Roofing Charity Gala for £25,187.
- Merton confirms council tax freeze - parties clash over budget
- Death-trap bedsits landlord fined £25,000
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
- New Thameslink train displayed at Sutton Station
- Why were police taking pictures of scaffolding in Tooting?
Comments are closed on this article.