Actor Matthew Kelly delights guests at Wimbledon Guild Christmas party
Panto star Matthew Kelly kicked off the Christmas celebrations at the Wimbledon Guild on Tuesday.
The Olivier award winning actor and TV presenter, who is set to star as Widow Twankey in Aladdin at the New Wimbledon Theatre, joined guests at the Wimbledon Guild’s Magic of Christmas event.
Guests were treated to a carol singing performances by The Priory, St Mary’s and Capsticks choirs, a pre-lunch Zumba session and a fish and chip dinner while Mr Kelly was happy to pose for photos.
Wendy Pridmore, chief executive of the Wimbledon Guild, said: "Our Magic of Christmas Party was a fun-packed day which guests and staff both thoroughly enjoyed.
"Supporting ageing is extremely important to us at The Wimbledon Guild and we are so glad that we were able to bring so many people together to celebrate and enjoy each other’s company at this special time of year."
(Back L-R) Looking on, Florence Hughes and Madeleine Mitchison.
Florence Hughes gets more than she was expecting.
Madeleine Mitchison has a chat with Matthew.
(L-R) Florence Hughes and Madeleine Mitchison with Matthew Kelly.
- Young police cadets raise money for Help for Heroes
- Wimbledon Park Cafeteria opens its doors after refurbishment
- London Fire Brigade warns over dangers of Vaportini drinking craze
- Grant kick-starts pilot mental health scheme in Merton and Sutton
- Man who drove across level crossing let off with absolute discharge
Comments are closed on this article.