Victim sees 'selfie' of stranger taken on his stolen iPhone
Police are appealing for help identifying a man who took this ‘selfie’ on a stolen smartphone and unwittingly shared it with its owner.
The theft took place on Saturday, September 28, at the car park in Grand Drive in Raynes Park between 1.30pm to 3.30pm while the victim played a football match.
During that time someone removed his car's passenger lock and stole three holdalls from the boot as well as an iPhone 5.
The phone was linked to the victim’s iCloud storage facility allowing him to see pictures taken with the phone after it was stolen including this ‘selfie’ of an unknown male.
Police are now appealing to the public to help identify the man who they wish to speak to in connection with the theft.
Anyone with information on the man’s identity should call Wimbledon Police via the '101' quoting picture reference 135493. Alternatively you can call Crime Stoppers 0800 555 111 anonymously.
- 23-year-old man charged after police find sub-machine gun and ammunition
- Scooby Doo surprises children ahead of mystery-solving gang reunion
- Marathon man completes century of runs
- WWI soldier poet Wilfred Owen spent holidays in Wimbledon Village
- Postwoman stole gift vouchers and cash from greetings cards
Comments are closed on this article.