VIDEO: Winter Wonderland spectacular heralds arrival of Christmas in Wimbledon
Christmas arrived in style to Wimbledon this weekend when the Broadway was taken over playing host to a spectacular day of winter wonderland festivities.
For the first time Love Wimbledon closed the Broadway to traffic on Sunday, December 1, allowing the streets came alive with entertainers including magicians and unicyclists while children were able to visit Father Christmas in his grotto.
Dance group Flawless entertained the crowds with a performance on the piazza while players from AFC Wimbledon and their manager Neil Ardley took part in a special meet and greet.
Other attractions included a performance by Wimbledon’s Rock Choir a walk in snow globe, reindeer rodeo, shoot the goal with AFC Wimbledon, Christmas pudding bouncy castle, a snow board simulator and a carousel.
The day of festivities was capped off by a spectacular fireworks display.
Dance group Flawless entertain the crowds
- Man who drove across level crossing let off with absolute discharge
- TV presenter Katy Hill joins Wimbledon children for World Book Day
- Merton confirms council tax freeze - parties clash over budget
- Death-trap bedsits landlord fined £25,000
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
Comments are closed on this article.