Deaf and disabled residents to voice their concerns at Merton Centre for Independent Living debate
Deaf and disabled residents are being encouraged to have their say at a new event.
Merton Centre for Independent Living is a local charity run by disabled people for disabled people, and has announced 'My Voice Matters, Listen to My Demands' will take place on November 19.
As well as sharing experiences and talking about the change they want to see in Merton, the charity is inviting local partners, businesses and organisations to join the debate with councillors Linda Kirby, Debbie Shears and Karin Forbes.
The event takes place at Morden Assembly Hall between 10.30am and 4pm with lunch provided.
- African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust urges shoppers to give the gift of life this Christmas
- Merton's Young Advisors meet MPs
- Lawyer raises £10,000 for autism charity after Christmas carol concert
- Support group for disadvantaged adults nominated for Merton Civic Award
- Mountain climber died after guide missed signs of altitude sickness
Comments are closed on this article.