Highest number of university students produced in Wimbledon
Wimbledon produces more university students than anywhere else in the country, figures have revealed.
A report published by the Higher Education Funding Council for England, has found Wimbledon has the highest percentage of young people that decide to pursue higher education in the country.
68 per cent of people in the area choose to attend university after leaving school, this is four times the figure of North Nottingham which was found to have the lowest participation levels.
A large divide has been found between London and the rest of the country. For example students in the capital are 43 per cent more likely to continue in education than those in the north east.
It has also been found that despite less people attending higher education in the north of the country, there has been a major increase in the overall numbers of participation in higher education.
Figures also showed women are generally 22 per cent more likely to go to university than men by the age of 19.
- Dangerous driver faces jail for killing PC Andy Duncan in hit-and-run
- Photographer wins national award for Heron shot
- Pregnant mother and toddler held at knife point in park
- Merton's primary schools outperform national average
- Thief makes off with shop's 'Wolverine' DVDs
Comments are closed on this article.