Wimbledon Chase pupils walk 15 miles to raise money for new trim trail
More than 500 children took part in a sponsored walk around their school to raise funds for new playground equipment.
Pupils from Wimbledon Chase Primary School in Merton Hall Road walked up to 15 miles in circuits around the school grounds on Friday, October 25.
Sue Tomes, head teacher at the school, said: "It was a wonderful atmosphere with all the children encouraging and supporting each other.
"Everyone had a great time even though they were really tired when they finished.
"I'd like to thank the children, their parents and carers and our staff for their enthusiasm and support for the event."
The school aims to raise £10,000 for a new trim trail adventure playground.
Large pumpkin grown at the school by gardeners Lorenzo Dudziec-Mambasi, Kitty Burden and Jacob Haunstetter.
- Jail for Mitcham man who drove strangled woman to Birmingham following family honour killing
- Water company pledges to freeze bills for five years
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
- Merton's leading men sign up as domestic abuse 'champions'
- The Wimbledon Guild Celebrates 106th birthday
Comments are closed on this article.